Registration clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I just registered with the FAA and I noticed a lot of people are getting the wrong information from YouTube videos and different post. There is a video being posted on YouTube stating that when you register with the FAA that they release your information to the public stating your address and what aerial platforms are located at the address.... It's bogus, you don't actually register you uav with the FAA, you are registering your own name and address and that is it. They don't require you to register each individual platform. In my case I have both a phantom 2 and a phantom 3 pro so both have the same registration numbers that are linked to my name. They have no idea what you are flying. Just some information to help those who haven't gone through the process

This has been gone over to death. What most people are upset with is that they are searchable at all. It would of been better if they made it so you would have to contact the FAA with the number and only they knew who it belonged to. As a side note, if you received an "N" number for commercial work you can in fact see what UAV they registered in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl