Registration and getting your drone back

Reaction score
Does the fact that you have to register your Phantom with DJI help make it more likely that you will get it back if you lose it?

What I mean is, if someone finds it and contacts DJI, can it use your registration details to get it back to you?

No. You must register before you're able to fly your Phantom though.

Probably your best bet of getting it back would be to put your phone number on it and a statement saying "reward if found". No guarantees though.

There should be a 'Find my Drone' feature on these things (since the gps is always on)
, maybe even a blacklist feature so the next time a stolen drone goes online it gets deactivated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tallyrver
I used a label maker for my reg number and phone info

There should be a 'Find my Drone' feature on these things (since the gps is always on)
, maybe even a blacklist feature so the next time a stolen drone goes online it gets deactivated.

What happens when the battery is ejected on impact. No more gps. That's why it's nice to have a 3 Rd party tracker

What happens when the battery is ejected on impact. No more gps. That's why it's nice to have a 3 Rd party tracker
I was thinking more in terms of someone finding a lost drone and is not willing to return it.
Do you have experience with third party trackers?

Last edited:
You can only see whatever information DJI shows you when you log into your DJI account within the DJI GO app.

Reactions: Lefty63
OP here. Sorry if I am missing something here but I thought that registration meant that DJI would be able to scan your bird and find its serial number was linked to your name and address and either get it back to you or else notify you that it had been found.

Doesn't it work like that?

The question is, what is the finder going to do? We don't know. So it might be wise to leave instructions such as suggested by Rypper1.

Without instructions, the finder may contact DJI. Or they might contact FAA who, which we have learned from other threads, will advise finder to turn the aircraft into the nearest police station which opens up a whole new can of worms.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj