Registering Multiple Drones

Reaction score
To anyone's knowledge if I purchase a second or more drones do I have to register each with the FAA. I've already registered my Phantom 3 Professional and just took delivery of a new Phantom 4. I'll call the FAA tomorrow to find out if necessary but I'm sure that there are many on this Forum that have multiple drones.

If you are a part 107 operator, you have to register each individually by Make, Model and SN.
If you are a hobby/recreational operator, the registration is in your name and you use the same reg. # on each drone, removing it when you discontinue using that aircraft.

Reactions: Adam T
I concur with Falcon900. That's how I understand the present requirements.

Reactions: Falcon900
To anyone's knowledge if I purchase a second or more drones do I have to register each with the FAA. I've already registered my Phantom 3 Professional and just took delivery of a new Phantom 4. I'll call the FAA tomorrow to find out if necessary but I'm sure that there are many on this Forum that have multiple drones.
The FAA don't know you have a P3, they didn't ask you for any details of what you have when you registered.
They don't register individual drones (for recreational use).
They register the user.

Thanks for the fast response guys. Actually my Drones are for my recreational use. They're an Old Boy's Toys. I've been in Aviation since the late 1950s and hold an Airline Transport Pilots's Certificate for Airplane Single/Multiple Engine Land, Rotary Helicopter, Flight Instructor Ratings (ATP ASMEL, RH, Flight Instructor) and FAA Independent Examiner. I've had enough flying since the Old Radial Engine Propeller Driven to Modern Jet Airplanes and both Piston and Turbine Powered Helicopters with many Type Ratings and now I'm enjoying my Phantoms. I don't want to put up with the FAA's BS for flying my drones commercially. Again, thanks for the fast response.

Reactions: Adam T and BigAl07
If you've already registered then you've covered because as stated YOU are registered as a recreational UAS operator. You just put the same # on all your "recreational" aircraft.

Reactions: Adam T

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl