Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Registering Multiple Drones

Discussion in 'Rules and Regulations' started by jlrsn, Sep 21, 2016.

1. jlrsn

To anyone's knowledge if I purchase a second or more drones do I have to register each with the FAA. I've already registered my Phantom 3 Professional and just took delivery of a new Phantom 4. I'll call the FAA tomorrow to find out if necessary but I'm sure that there are many on this Forum that have multiple drones.

2. Falcon900

If you are a part 107 operator, you have to register each individually by Make, Model and SN.
    If you are a hobby/recreational operator, the registration is in your name and you use the same reg. # on each drone, removing it when you discontinue using that aircraft.

Adam T likes this.
  3. Adam T

I concur with Falcon900. That's how I understand the present requirements.

Falcon900 likes this.
  4. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

The FAA don't know you have a P3, they didn't ask you for any details of what you have when you registered.
    They don't register individual drones (for recreational use).
    They register the user.

5. jlrsn

Thanks for the fast response guys. Actually my Drones are for my recreational use. They're an Old Boy's Toys. I've been in Aviation since the late 1950s and hold an Airline Transport Pilots's Certificate for Airplane Single/Multiple Engine Land, Rotary Helicopter, Flight Instructor Ratings (ATP ASMEL, RH, Flight Instructor) and FAA Independent Examiner. I've had enough flying since the Old Radial Engine Propeller Driven to Modern Jet Airplanes and both Piston and Turbine Powered Helicopters with many Type Ratings and now I'm enjoying my Phantoms. I don't want to put up with the FAA's BS for flying my drones commercially. Again, thanks for the fast response.

Adam T and BigAl07 like this.
  6. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

If you've already registered then you've covered because as stated YOU are registered as a recreational UAS operator. You just put the same # on all your "recreational" aircraft.

Adam T likes this.