Register my wife?

Reaction score
I know that the drone registration is really registering the pilot. As of tomorrow, I will have two drones (P3S & P4). I'm planning on putting the same number on both drones, but...

My wife has expressed an interest in flying. Does she need a separate registration, and if so, do I put both of our numbers on the drones, or???

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does she need a separate registration, and if so, do I put both of our numbers on the drones
No. You can put your registration number on your drones and let her fly.

Please explain why it is a "scam website". They clearly state that they are not affiliated with the FAA or any Federal Government agency. They also state what service they provide. I fully understand that some might feel the registration process is simple enough that third party assistance with documentation is unecessary, but I would like to know what the "scam" is so I can act accordingly. Also, I am not affiliated with the site in any way. I just thought the FAQ would be helpful to some.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Please explain why it is a "scam website". They clearly state that they are not affiliated with the FAA or any Federal Government agency. They also state what service they provide. I fully understand that some might feel the registration process is simple enough that third party assistance with documentation is unecessary, but I would like to know what the "scam" is so I can act accordingly. Also, I am not affiliated with the site in any way. I just thought the FAQ would be helpful to some.

It is a scam because they clam to register your drone for you, a $5 dollar process, and they charge you $299. Scam.

I didn't see $299. I saw $24.99. Nonetheless, the process is simple enough to do. So, why pay more? If someone needs help, I'll do the registration even provide labels (yeah, I have a label maker) and do it for $10.00 lol.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Please explain why it is a "scam website".

I just took a look at the site and noticed at bottom it explains they are not affiliated with the FAA. Nowhere on the page did it tell the cost of the service. Clicking on the link to register it asks for your info, but still does not list the price. I'm just curious how much info you need to provide before you are informed of the cost.

I did find the term of service interesting, in particular this section:

you hereby grant to us and represent and warrant to us that you have all rights necessary to grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, cost-free, royalty-free license to use, copy, sell, rent, license, sublicense, display, publically perform, create derivative works of, distribute, store, archive, transform, edit, alter, distort, modify, add to, subtract from, enhance, broadcast, telecast, duplicate, distribute, and/or otherwise exploit your User Content, each as determined exclusively by us, in all forms of media and forms of exploitation, now known or hereafter created including but not limited to, social media platforms such as twitter.com, facebook.com, instagram.com, and the like (collectively, “Social Media Profiles”), websites, film, television, radio, and/or print, each as determined exclusively by us. In order to further effect the rights and license that you grant to us regarding your User Content, you also hereby grant to us the unconditional, perpetual, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, persona, image, photograph, and likeness that you provide in connection with any User Content, without any obligation or compensation to you.

I didn't see $299. I saw $24.99. Nonetheless, the process is simple enough to do. So, why pay more? If someone needs help, I'll do the registration even provide labels (yeah, I have a label maker) and do it for $10.00 lol.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Same here. I made a specific point in my post to address the "you could do it yourself" replies I knew would follow, because I get that many would consider it a waste of money. I won't waste reader's time with a discussion of what a scam is or isn't. Rather I'll just say I posted this list because it was the most comprehensive list of the rules that I found. With the many questions that were asked about registration I thought it would help folks that couldn't find the info.

From what I could tell, and I read the rules at the FAA site, which were more spread out, the list was accurate, up-to-date and all in one place. I'll not belabor this further other than to say if it's helpful to you great use it. If it isn't, please feel free to disregard it. I also encourage those who don't like the site I shared or that list, to post one of their choosing that covers all the rules, or even a link to a previos FAQ or posting on this forum that lists all the rules. The need certainly exists.
It is a scam because they clam to register your drone for you, a $5 dollar process, and they charge you $299. Scam.

AA
Same here. I made a specific point in my post to address the "you could do it yourself" replies I knew would follow, because I get that many would consider it a waste of money. I won't waste reader's time with a discussion of what a scam is or isn't. Rather I'll just say I posted this list because it was the most comprehensive list of the rules that I found. With the many questions that were asked about registration I thought it would help folks that couldn't find the info.

From what I could tell, and I read the rules at the FAA site, which were more spread out, the list was accurate, up-to-date and all in one place. I'll not belabor this further other than to say if it's helpful to you great use it. If it isn't, please feel free to disregard it. I also encourage those who don't like the site I shared or that list, to post one of their choosing that covers all the rules, or even a link to a previos FAQ or posting on this forum that lists all the rules. The need certainly exists.

You are absolutely correct! Best FAQ page on FAA registration I've seen. I suppose that will indeed help them get $24.99 for the service. I think many who have read your post took off on the wrong reason for you posting it. The bottom line is that NO ONE has to use their service and they state that themselves. With that said, take the negative comments with a grain of salt. It's all good!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4