Regarding Zenmuse h3-2d and the Phantom Vision

Reaction score
Can someone tell me whether it's just a case of connecting the 8pin cable to the Zenmuse input on the mainboard of the vision, or is there more to it? (gcu etc). Also, is the 8pin cable delivered together with the Zenmuse or do I have to purchase it seperately.

Atm I don't care about the tilt control. I just want the gimbal to be stable and do it's primary job.

I will be removing the Vision camera and put in a GoPro, in case someone asks why I didn't buy a Phantom 2, I got the Vision as a present.

Thanks!

doyouevenfly said:
Also, is the 8pin cable delivered together with the Zenmuse or do I have to purchase it seperately.

Sorry I cant answer your whole question, but the cable is not part of the zenmuse 2D package. It comes as part of the P2 so I think you'll need to source it seperately if mounting on a P2V.

neiloakley said:
Sorry I cant answer your whole question, but the cable is not part of the zenmuse 2D package. It comes as part of the P2 so I think you'll need to source it seperately if mounting on a P2V.

Someone else said that too in another thread, but the manual on DJI's website shows that this all is included:

_MG_4519.jpg

Are DJI outright lying??

Thanks for your reply btw.

Maybe if you buy it standalone, mine was a bundle with the P2. I had a grey cable taped to the bottom of the phantom they I just untaped and plugged into the gimball. If your buying the stand alone i guess you'd have to open up the phantom to plug in the other end to the board.

neiloakley said:
Maybe if you buy it standalone, mine was a bundle with the P2. I had a grey cable taped to the bottom of the phantom they I just untaped and plugged into the gimball. If your buying the stand alone i guess you'd have to open up the phantom to plug in the other end to the board.

That seems logical. And yes, I am planning to buy it standalone. Yea, it's a pretty straightforward process. Do you know what the other cable serves for, the one with DJI printed onto it?

doyouevenfly said:
neiloakley said:

That seems logical. And yes, I am planning to buy it standalone. Yea, it's a pretty straightforward process. Do you know what the other cable serves for, the one with DJI printed onto it?

It's a CAN bus cable, used for bolts on such as iOSD, Datalink etc.

Not sure how the standalone piece works. Maybe there is a hub that connect via CAN BUS to the phantom and the 8 pin cable plugs into the hub and then into the gimball.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4