Regal Cinema Drone Giveaway

Reaction score
If phantoms are questionable for being legal, this thing has to be REALLY border line.

http://www.regmovies.com/promotions/rob ... 31c391449b

I'm surprised to see them doing this as a promotion given all the attention on drones as of late. I wonder if they are anyway liable for giving this away to someone with no experience or exposure to the possible ramifications of setting this to a 3KM flight path and flying it right into someones property/head/airplane.

jwrichte said:
If phantoms are questionable for being legal, this thing has to be REALLY border line.

http://www.regmovies.com/promotions/rob ... 31c391449b

I'm surprised to see them doing this as a promotion given all the attention on drones as of late. I wonder if they are anyway liable for giving this away to someone with no experience or exposure to the possible ramifications of setting this to a 3KM flight path and flying it right into someones property/head/airplane.

Legality issue is only around commercial use. And pretty sure they can absolve themselves of any residual liability once they give it away. Much like I'm sure Oprah isn't responsible for someone mowing down a crowd of pedestrians in one of the cars she gives away to her audience.

jwrichte said:

No more liable than Amazon or any retailer would be if that happened with any of the drones they sell

Wouldn't be the first time someone mounted one of those tiny little model rockets to an r/c aircraft and let em rip lol. There's even a video on YT somewhere of a gunsmith who built a tiny belt-fed full auto machine gun firing .22 bullets. Fitted it to an rc helicopter with fairly impressive results. Think the video might have been taken down though after the ATF got ahold of him lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl