Regaining control when Phantom is in return to home mode.???

Reaction score
I was recently flying my Phantom FPV and for some reason, possibly out of range, my Phantom stopped responding. I could see it stop, then turn to face me, and it headed home. As it got close I could not regain any control. It landed itself and I took the battery out and it flew well the rest of the day. Is it possible to regain control of a Phantom once it is in return to home mode?

Re: Regaining control when Phantom is in return to home mode

When you lose radio switching from gps to atti mode will regain control as it is returning assuming you are back in range. If your already in atti mode then you first need to go to gps then back to atti.

Once you regain control you can again use any mode. Also in rth if it has come all the way back it will hover above the landing spot for 30 seconds I think and at this time if you move the sticks it should let you regain control in any mode.

I know that if you turn the TX off to enter RTH/Failsafe mode you can regain control by pulling the throttle all the way back/down and turn the TX back on,still holding the throttle stick back until the Phantom starts to drop,then throttle up and you have control.
This may work if the Phantom goes into RTH mode on it's own when it goes out of range.Wait for it to come back most of the way and turn off the TX and throttle back turn on TX and be ready to throttle up when the Phantom starts to drop.
This has worked for me a few times but it has also not worked on one occasion.If it does not work the Phantom will just continue it's fly home and land mission.

martcerv said:
When you lose radio switching from gps to atti mode will regain control as it is returning assuming you are back in range. If your already in atti mode then you first need to go to gps then back to atti.

Once you regain control you can again use any mode. Also in rth if it has come all the way back it will hover above the landing spot for 30 seconds I think and at this time if you move the sticks it should let you regain control in any mode.

im trying to do a search for the answers and not be a typical noob posting new topics about this stuff but i just got my phantom and I am still learning this stuff. Is there a way to test out return to home.
It says in the failsafe flowchart "we strongly recommend you DO NOT try turning off the transmitter". Is that the only way? fly her out and turn it off?

MILLER4PRESIDENT2020 said:
martcerv said:

im trying to do a search for the answers and not be a typical noob posting new topics about this stuff but i just got my phantom and I am still learning this stuff. Is there a way to test out return to home.
It says in the failsafe flowchart "we strongly recommend you DO NOT try turning off the transmitter". Is that the only way? fly her out and turn it off?

Absolutely not ! - you can set you GPS/Atti switch to give you failsafe within the Naza assist software.

It can be set as top position = GPS. Mid position = Atti and bottom position = Failsafe.

This has been available since around v3.10 from memory

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic