refurbishing P1 need help ...

Reaction score
1. obtained a P1 at a great price, I'm trying to give it an overhaul but the previous owner did not take care when uninstalling the shell screws. need sizing help..
what size thread and length is the leg screws?

2. when i connected the P1 to naza software and watched the main screen, the controller values and x1 jumps around a bit .. I'm sure this is not normal, right? this was after calibrating ... i had a spare p2 controller and tried to bind and pair but the p2 controller will not bind to the p1.. any insight? is the p2 controller not compatible? does anyone have a spare tx ? i need to buy a p1 transmitter but how- need old stock - ? edit: I bought a refurb sr6 controller will update when it arrives..

3. (power down question) when turning off the phantom after landing by holding both sticks down and in the phantom surges instead of stopping power . the only way to kill motors is hold left stick down all the way for a full 10 seconds (if i let go of left stick prior to 10 seconds motors idle up again). what is the proper power down procedure. on my p2 anytime both sticks are held down and center for 3 seconds motors turn off completely.

thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:
1. Don't have a Phantom with me at the moment. They might be M3x5. [edit: more like M3x6]
2. Controls should be pretty steady. If the Phantom has 1 antenna (and only one receiver connection), then you either need an SR6 remote, or you should replace the receiver with one compatible with your P2 remote. If the Phantom has 2 antennas, it should work with a DJ6.
3. Pull the left stick down first, then move both sticks to the bottom inside corners.

Last edited:
Make sure you calibrate your TX in the RC Assistant software and after that in Naza. Makes a lot of difference, I'm sure.

anyways update on this thread since it seems like it could help others..

1.)bought replacement shell and swapped everything over , all set.. FYI screw size is m3x6.5 for the legs
2.) bought used sr6 tx off eBay for 29$ :D (single antenna) performed tx bind (button on receiver board) and calibration via naza software. Enabled intelligent motor control to fix my turning off issue. Tx is now rock solid , previous tx was everywhere value wise definitely bad.
3.) enabled intelligent motor control to resolve this power down issue. all set..

## flying the P1 you can definitely tell its one of DJI first releases, it gets the job done but gps lock is not the greatest lol compared to P2 .. But had a great time out flying today practice FPV. For 150 bucks even though i had to buy a replacement TX $29 and spare shell 50$ I'm very happy with purchase.. ### great weather in CT today nice day to fly....:D

anyways update on this thread since it seems like it could help others..

1.)bought replacement shell and swapped everything over , all set.. FYI screw size is m3x6.5 for the legs
2.) bought used sr6 tx off eBay for 29$ :D (single antenna) performed tx bind (button on receiver board) and calibration via naza software. Enabled intelligent motor control to fix my turning off issue. Tx is now rock solid , previous tx was everywhere value wise definitely bad.
3.) enabled intelligent motor control to resolve this power down issue. all set..

## flying the P1 you can definitely tell its one of DJI first releases, it gets the job done but gps lock is not the greatest lol compared to P2 .. But had a great time out flying today practice FPV. For 150 bucks even though i had to buy a replacement TX $29 and spare shell 50$ I'm very happy with purchase.. ### great weather in CT today nice day to fly....:D
Good!
Have tons of fun with it.
BTW, You could also (or still) have the Rx replaced for a dual antennae P1.1.1. version. I ordered one for 9 Euro (not delivered yet). It binds with any P2 transmitter, including the upgraded one with tilt wheel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers