Refurbished?

Reaction score
I don't quite have enough money for the phantom 3 standard yet. I was wondering if I should get the certified refurbished on Amazon. I do have enough for the refurbished.

"sometimes" referb units of any genre are better than new ! production line stuff doesnt get the attention that refurbs get from QC. jmo

Quite a few people on this forum (myself included) bought refurbished units and have been happy with them. They are covered by warranty, same as new units. And to answer your latest post, yes they come with 1 battery.

If your getting it off of Amazon compare it to a brand new one in price. Remember they will also tax it which can be as much as 30-50 bucks extra. I bought mine from Amazon new and the price between brand new and refurbished once tax was included was only a few dollars.

Reactions: Matts175
Quite a few people on this forum (myself included) bought refurbished units and have been happy with them. They are covered by warranty, same as new units. And to answer your latest post, yes they come with 1 battery.
Thanks! I'll probably be getting one. I do hope I do not get a defect but since it comes with a warranty it should be okay.

If your getting it off of Amazon compare it to a brand new one in price. Remember they will also tax it which can be as much as 30-50 bucks extra. I bought mine from Amazon new and the price between brand new and refurbished once tax was included was only a few dollars.
Once you click purchase (but not order yet) it should display tax. On dji website it was included but of course I will check.

another word of advice......and it could depend on your location, but do your home work to make sure dji will honor the warranty if purchased from the vendor you plan to get it from.

another word of advice......and it could depend on your location, but do your home work to make sure dji will honor the warranty if purchased from the vendor you plan to get it from.
You took the words right out of my month. I bet Amazon is not the vendor, even if it's shipping form them. The OP really should check this out first.

I bought my refurbished P3S from dronenerds.com

Couldn't tell it from a new one. Flys great.

Authorised dealer with warranty.

Great price too.

They even included a free neck strap !

Last edited:
I just got my refurb P3S from Newegg.com. DJI themselves sell them there (so the drone is from DJI) and periodically they have a $314 sale (which is what I paid, 10 days ago or so).If you don't live in CA, free shipping and no tax, so really just $314. My unit works perfectly, and looks completely new, down to the last sticker, battery has 0 charges on it

Create an account on Newegg, put an alert on this DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Aircraft with 3-Axis Gimbal and 2.7k Camera-Newegg.com and be ready to order as soon as you get the notification (they usually run out in an hour or so)

Best price around, and directly from DJI

Reactions: Older_Man and Stach
I purchased phantom 3(S) refurbished like new no problems Drone nerds saved 2bills

I just bought my P3S this week from Amazon and it was $409 brand new. It is covered by DJI for warranty as I sent them a link to be sure and they replied that it's covered.

I found a new phantom 3 standard on Amazon for cheap. Haven't gotten a chance to fly it due to rain but updated and connected perfectly. Thanks for your help guys!

The phantom I got was new and had extra stickers, extra props, extra shock absorbers, propeller clamp, remote, both chargers and a remote. Shows no scratches or anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues