Reflective tape signal booster.

Which wind surfer from Dynamic 3d Solution would be the best performer? He has 3 different models.

Thx
Depends. The most flexible option is the one piece easy on, easy off, slightly smaller one that snaps onto the antennas, rather than needing to be threaded through them. The best range is likely from the slightly larger one piece one that the antennas are threaded through. However, that one is not easy to attach or remove during flight, and doing so when you are losing signal without it, and wanting to go farther, will likely trigger a RTH because the antenna have to be completely horizontal (worst orientation for signal unless directly overhead) to install or remove it. I have both. Each has their merits. :cool:

Reactions: david wettlaufer
Depends. The most flexible option is the one piece easy on, easy off, slightly smaller one that snaps onto the antennas, rather than needing to be threaded through them. The best range is likely from the slightly larger one piece one that the antennas are threaded through. However, that one is not easy to attach or remove during flight, and doing so when you are losing signal without it, and wanting to go farther, will likely trigger a RTH because the antenna have to be completely horizontal (worst orientation for signal unless directly overhead) to install or remove it. I have both. Each has their merits. :cool:

Thank you for the help guys!. I have narrowed it down to this one I think. Unless there would truly be some benefit to being able to split the two antennas around.

Dynamic 3D Solutions

I am curious about this LOS business. At my favourite fishing location I regularly fly between 2K and 4K meters out. I am getting on and my eyesight is not all that good anymore, so I tend to lose the quad at around 800 feet. What difference does it make whether I can see it at 500 feet or 1000 feet?

Any responsible pilot will have mapped his mission, checked elevations, obstructions etc. How does being able to actually see the aircraft at a 1000 feet make one a safer pilot?

By far the majority of mishaps I read about happen in the 10 - 300 feet range anyway!

Well said Erroll, "line of Sight" who's sight, a seventeen year old with 20 x 20 vision or an old guy who's short sighted, it's discriminatory, :)

Today I got to 2300 before losing video, and then I flew it back using the map.

I ordered the solid aluminum signal booster and it should arrive this week- I'm hoping it will allow me to go at least 5000 feet.
Share a link to the solid aluminum extender, I've been wanting to purchase a set for some time, just not sure which. I've tested just aluminum tape, covered my sun shield box with it, nothing directional, just a tape covered shield and easily broke the 2 mile mark, it doesn't look as nice as these 3d printed ones.

Thread cleaned, please don't mess it up again. ;)

56652201.jpg

I regularly fly between 2K and 4K out with no signal problems. However, I also often fly in a large park where I always lose all signal at a specific spot about 800m out. There are several high voltage power lines down there , but I don't know if there are also cell towers or other sources of interference causing the signal loss.
When flying down there with windsurfers on, I get 3-4 bars of signal which is enough to get through the interference with no risk of an unplanned RTH. Very useful in my opinion.

I flew in another area today and encountered the same problem - poor signal/loss of signal in roughly the same place, and after putting on the windsurfers, no more issues.

In the attached link one can see I flew three large loops (and a smaller one) and in the first two, at positions E-G and M-P one can see significant signal errors. I put on the windsurfers at position R and flew the same large loop again. One can still see an increase in signal errors at positions T-X but they are substantially fewer than on the first two loops.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4