Reducing the vigorous "stop" by P3

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm an intermediate Naza M pilot, but a Phantom 3 noob. I just took my maiden flight today, and couldn't help but notice how centering the pitch stick brings on a violent stop... I'm afraid the props might actually back off from braking thst must be taking place on the rear props... (I am using composite props..m) My gain settings are all stock, and I think they do not mimic the Naza gain scheme. So.... are there suggestions for mellowing what I would consider a violent stop?? You can really hear the motors at work. Flying in Atti mode negates the extreme braking. This is obviously a GPS( P ) mode issue. I may experiment with upping the expo to reduce sensitivity near stick center. Thanks in advance. Ron W

Hi all. I'm an intermediate Naza M pilot, but a Phantom 3 noob. I just took my maiden flight today, and couldn't help but notice how centering the pitch stick brings on a violent stop... I'm afraid the props might actually back off from braking thst must be taking place on the rear props... (I am using composite props..m) My gain settings are all stock, and I think they do not mimic the Naza gain scheme. So.... are there suggestions for mellowing what I would consider a violent stop?? You can really hear the motors at work. Flying in Atti mode negates the extreme braking. This is obviously a GPS( P ) mode issue. I may experiment with upping the expo to reduce sensitivity near stick center. Thanks in advance. Ron W
Yip do your stick calibration makes lot smoother..:)

Thanks guys. Ran brake gain down to 80, and upped pitch expo. We'll see how this works.

You'll miss it when it's gone.

Brake also effects the P3's ability to hold in strong winds. You wouldn't think so but this is absolutely true. I had mine dialed all the way down and fly in high winds with extra weight and the thing drifted with the wind even when in GPS mode. Just making sure you note that is all.

You could practice NOT stopping so fast. Just don't let go of the stick to stop. Back it down smoothly...

Backed braking to 90, and expo to .35. Lengthened control stuck. Pretty acceptable now. Thnx

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic