Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Reducing Screen Glare

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by em370, May 24, 2016.

1. em370

When flying my phantom 3 outside, the sun on my ipad screen sometimes makes it difficult to see. If I were to construct a simple cardboard box to go over the remote, would the signal be significantly reduced? Does anyone else have a good way of reducing screen glare when outside in the sun?

2. Oso

Oso

3. Wolfiesden

Rofl! I could be down for that :)

4. Donald Renaud

re the Glare on the tablet. I had the same problem. I first added a glare shield to the tablet, it helps but not all that great. I then used a piece of black foam board from the dollar store ($1.00) and cut it to fit around the tablet, I made the depth of the shield about 12" long. This worked great but then there was a problem setting up the P4 on the monitor, So I cut out a piece at the bottom of the shield next to the tablet.. Now I can adjust the tablet and see everything, even standing out in the middle of a field. Oh ya, I attach the shield to the tablet using small velcro straps that way the shield can be used a t will. Hope this helps

5. Donald Renaud

re the Glare on the tablet. I had the same problem. I first added a glare shield to the tablet, it helps but not all that great. I then used a piece of black foam board from the dollar store ($1.00) and cut it to fit around the tablet, I made the depth of the shield about 12" long. This worked great but then there was a problem setting up the P4 on the monitor, So I cut out a piece at the bottom of the shield next to the tablet.. Now I can adjust the tablet and see everything, even standing out in the middle of a field. Oh ya, I attach the shield to the tablet using small velcro straps that way the shield can be used a t will. Hope this helps

6. Fplvert

image.jpeg
    hoodivision

Amazon.com: [3-Pack] SUPERSHIELDZ- Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protector For Apple iPad Pro 9.7 inch -Lifetime Replacements Warranty - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

I use the Matte Supershieldz on all my tablets/phones. They really help in the sun.

7. dtviewer

I use the same combo as you...Supershieldz along with a padhat.
    While it is a lot better than nothing at all, I still am looking for better. I've been eyeing the Hoodman setup....
    Hoodman HAV2E Drone Aviator Extender Hood for iPad Air 1/2 HAV2E

Fplvert likes this.
  8. Fplvert

That thing is rather large and I can't imagine a tablet bracket liking that much leveraged weight; especially in any wind.:rolleyes:

It might work well on a tripod, though. If you get one, please do a review for us!

9. dtviewer

I don't think it looks too bad...heres a review on youtube I found:

10. dtviewer

11. ryanmanchester

I personally think the sun shade is a pile of shite and does nothing really

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

HWCM likes this.
  12. HWCM

Use your phone, the 3D app and a $20 pair of 3D goggles. No sun glare.