Reducing Screen Glare

Reaction score
When flying my phantom 3 outside, the sun on my ipad screen sometimes makes it difficult to see. If I were to construct a simple cardboard box to go over the remote, would the signal be significantly reduced? Does anyone else have a good way of reducing screen glare when outside in the sun?

When flying my phantom 3 outside, the sun on my ipad screen sometimes makes it difficult to see. If I were to construct a simple cardboard box to go over the remote, would the signal be significantly reduced? Does anyone else have a good way of reducing screen glare when outside in the sun?

re the Glare on the tablet. I had the same problem. I first added a glare shield to the tablet, it helps but not all that great. I then used a piece of black foam board from the dollar store ($1.00) and cut it to fit around the tablet, I made the depth of the shield about 12" long. This worked great but then there was a problem setting up the P4 on the monitor, So I cut out a piece at the bottom of the shield next to the tablet.. Now I can adjust the tablet and see everything, even standing out in the middle of a field. Oh ya, I attach the shield to the tablet using small velcro straps that way the shield can be used a t will. Hope this helps

re the Glare on the tablet. I had the same problem. I first added a glare shield to the tablet, it helps but not all that great. I then used a piece of black foam board from the dollar store ($1.00) and cut it to fit around the tablet, I made the depth of the shield about 12" long. This worked great but then there was a problem setting up the P4 on the monitor, So I cut out a piece at the bottom of the shield next to the tablet.. Now I can adjust the tablet and see everything, even standing out in the middle of a field. Oh ya, I attach the shield to the tablet using small velcro straps that way the shield can be used a t will. Hope this helps

image.jpeg

hoodivision

Amazon.com: [3-Pack] SUPERSHIELDZ- Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protector For Apple iPad Pro 9.7 inch -Lifetime Replacements Warranty - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

I use the Matte Supershieldz on all my tablets/phones. They really help in the sun.

I use the same combo as you...Supershieldz along with a padhat.
While it is a lot better than nothing at all, I still am looking for better. I've been eyeing the Hoodman setup....
Hoodman HAV2E Drone Aviator Extender Hood for iPad Air 1/2 HAV2E

Reactions: Fplvert
I use the same combo as you...Supershieldz along with a padhat.
While it is a lot better than nothing at all, I still am looking for better. I've been eyeing the Hoodman setup....
Hoodman HAV2E Drone Aviator Extender Hood for iPad Air 1/2 HAV2E
That thing is rather large and I can't imagine a tablet bracket liking that much leveraged weight; especially in any wind.:rolleyes:

It might work well on a tripod, though. If you get one, please do a review for us!

I don't think it looks too bad...heres a review on youtube I found:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I personally think the sun shade is a pile of shite and does nothing really

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: HWCM
Use your phone, the 3D app and a $20 pair of 3D goggles. No sun glare.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.