Reduced RC and Wifi range AFTER Tx firmware upgrade ?

Reaction score
Hi all,

After I updated the Tx firmware (and the PV firmware), my RC range as well as Wifi has dropped drastically. Also the connection is much less stable.

Anyone wi the same problems ?

Are you still getting two beeps when you turn your controller on? Might want to try switching back to CE compliance mode (single beep at power on) and then back to FCC compliance mode.

Fanti said:
Hi all,

After I updated the Tx firmware (and the PV firmware), my RC range as well as Wifi has dropped drastically. Also the connection is much less stable.

Anyone wi the same problems ?

Hi,

Mine has had this problem of unstable connection and short rc range straight from the box! After updating everything both receiver and tx its now back at the dealers where its been for nearly two weeks! Im getting very annoyed at the dealer constantly saying they are waiting for a response from dji! Hopefully I will have this resolved today. Have you had any luck with yours?

Chris

It seems my Wifi range is slightly improved after the firmware upgrade. I still have Wifi with the PV about 1200' horizontal distance. I haven't found the limit of RC range either before or after the upgrade, so have no basis for comparison.
Hope you get yours fixed, but it doesn't appear that the firmware is generally the problem.

MikeON said:
It seems my Wifi range is slightly improved after the firmware upgrade. I still have Wifi with the PV about 1200' horizontal distance. I haven't found the limit of RC range either before or after the upgrade, so have no basis for comparison.
Hope you get yours fixed, but it doesn't appear that the firmware is generally the problem.

My phantom vision would loose connection (tx) on every single flight at varying heights. I could not normally get over 100ft vertical without entering rth mode and sometimes less. I followed every instruction and had both phantom and rc up tp date. It seems to be very difficult to get dji/ dealer to get me a replacement. Seems like I've been fobbed off every phone call and email. Ive been polite and patient but its fast running out! I also have video evidence which dji have even seen... after they saw this they said a firmware update would sort issue.. but it didn't. So they acknowledged a fault after they saw the clip but now seem to be doing everything possible not to replace it. Very very annoyed now. Its been back with the dealer for longer than I even had it in the first place. If its not sorted today a name and shame will be on the cards!

If you had to open transmitter to upgrade check that antenna wire inside transmitter did not get damaged.

I ´ve got short range from the beginning. Day 1 was only 50m in CE mode, then no more than 200m in FCC mode. 12 flights with many return home.
Firmwares always updated.
Today I called my dealer and they just asked me to return my Vision to them.
They will send me another one, they said.

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

On almost every flight I have done with the PV, I start getting intermittent connection lost messages and about half of the time it ends with a return-to-home. I will then flip the right switch a couple of times to regain control of the copter and resume my flight but it is very annoying. This happens if I venture above 50 m (~150 ft).

From reading other threads, I got the impression that I need to optimize the antenna position on my transmitter so I am experimenting with that.

But maybe something else is wrong? It was encouraging to read about a few PV pilots who have managed to get extreme range. But I just want to be able to use the range that is shown in the DJI video tutorials.

Note: It is the control signal that gets lost. I have never been able to fly the thing out of wifi range as a result.

larsplougmann said:
On almost every flight I have done with the PV, I start getting intermittent connection lost messages and about half of the time it ends with a return-to-home. I will then flip the right switch a couple of times to regain control of the copter and resume my flight but it is very annoying. This happens if I venture above 50 m (~150 ft).

From reading other threads, I got the impression that I need to optimize the antenna position on my transmitter so I am experimenting with that.

But maybe something else is wrong? It was encouraging to read about a few PV pilots who have managed to get extreme range. But I just want to be able to use the range that is shown in the DJI video tutorials.

Note: It is the control signal that gets lost. I have never been able to fly the thing out of wifi range as a result.

This is so good to hear of people with the same fault as mine. Please contact dji and dealer so we can make them aware of these issues. Like you I experimented but then thought why should I? It should have worked properly from the box as it wasn't cheap! Beware though you will find it hard to get dji to authorise a replacement and will feel like your banging your head against a wall. Truly awful customer service.

chris

Well after over 2 weeks of being fobbed off dji are sending out a new radio as they have finally acknowledged a fault and say a new radio will resolve the issue. I certainly hope so as the dealer has now had it much longer than I originally did.

I will post again to see if the phantom works properly once I get it back.

My tx was faulty out of the box. Would cut way before videolink. Waiting for my replacement. Hope there will be plenty of extra equipment to increase range on both tx rx and videolink. Starting to think the pv was way to expensive with poor camera performance and low range...

Ibuxgel said:
My tx was faulty out of the box. Would cut way before videolink. Waiting for my replacement. Hope there will be plenty of extra equipment to increase range on both tx rx and videolink. Starting to think the pv was way to expensive with poor camera performance and low range...

I should hear in the next day or two whether my replacement tx has arrived and more importantly if it now works! Im starting to think the same... compared to the phantom 2 plus extras to get fpv it doesn't seem such a good deal and more so considering the short range of tx and wi fi.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31