Reduced range in the UK

And even if it does happen.....there'll be a lot of people breaking the law. The overstretched police in the U.K. cant cope with everyday things and mostly only act when it's an emergency. Who is going to police it?
In Mavic's case DJI as they will be forced to push the restrictions to your DJI device(s)

Will the Mavic be physically modified to restrict its range?

And even if it does happen.....there'll be a lot of people breaking the law. The overstretched police in the U.K. cant cope with everyday things and mostly only act when it's an emergency. Who is going to police it?

Police like to go after the easy targets though.

Fair enough. I still think it's a load of scaremongering. However, I think that restrictions will be inevitable due to the popularity of UAVs but I don't think it will be as extreme as what they are suggesting. I was talking to my missus about it this morning and the worry is if that kids start wanting these for Christmas due to it's design and irresponsible parents obliging then suddenly, the sky is full of them. That's when they'll crack down on it, that's what I'm concerned about.
In Mavic's case DJI as they will be forced to push the restrictions to your DJI device(s)

Reactions: Noël
I see drone salles going down very soon.
This is bad for enthusiastic professionals, companies and of course the economy

if this is true ,no Mavic or other drone anymore for me. Over and out.

Reactions: Biggle
That's it...
Perhaps Gopro and DJI tried to antecipat it... bringing all the new technology at once, as the final game...

I'm thinking on returning my mavic order, already...
To fly 100 meters or cant even fly it because exceeds maximum weight...
Mavic it's not for me anymore unless rules are reconsidered.
Too much "money for nothing"

The Mavic will use the full radio power allowed by UK regulations and you'll have great range just as Phantoms do over there.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm UK based but will be getting my Mavic from the US.

Assume when I bring it back to the UK it will still have it's output limited by my location?

I'm thinking on returning my mavic order, already...
To fly 100 meters or cant even fly it because exceeds maximum weight...
Mavic it's not for me anymore unless rules are reconsidered.
Too much "money for nothing"

There are no rules, it's a draft proposal.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I live in London and for me the only restrictions I get is when I lose video feed of my P3A at 1600+ feet high or 1½ miles distance so for me I can't see any problems. I know that their is a hack that you can change frequency channels but I never tried it properly. I can't see any issues. For every update DJI does that may restrict to height And distance there will be someone out there with an update to turn off the restrictions. We will cross that bridge when we get there I guess

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

So far not infringe any laws. Despite being completely against these rules ( in draft at the moment), will not initiate a process of out-of-law. However, I will do everything in what is in my power to prevent this. Always flew with responsibility. There are many laws with which we can not agree. But this does not give the right to anyone to infringe.

You guys do release that by law in the UK (Air Navigation Order) you cannot fly beyond visual range (generally accepted to be 250M) and higher than 121M (400ft) anyway.

Reactions: Peter Galbavy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic