Reduce the sensitivity of turn left and right function

Reaction score
I have the stock controller for the P2 non vision and I want to reduce the sensitivity of the turn left and turn right functions on the left stick. I've read (on here) about the easy but pricey route of changing the controller but I am naively thinking that it really can't be that hard to add a capacitor and resistor or something like that. Am I missing a trick? Has someone successfully tamed the panning function of the camera? I've sorted the tilt function and I'm really happy with my smooth control from a decent I k Ohm pot and a bunch of fixed resistors. But I've not investigated the technology in the stick yet because I'm rather hoping to find some info first. All ideas are appreciated.

I've not done this myself, but in Naza mode (under Basic -> Gain), you can vary the gain / sensitivity of the controls.

Have you tried changing these settings?

I don't think you can vary the gain on the yaw channel. Not in front of my computer right now so I can't varify, but I remember looking (I think). Let me know if I'm wrong.

DesertFlyer53 said:
I don't think you can vary the gain on the yaw channel. Not in front of my computer right now so I can't varify, but I remember looking (I think). Let me know if I'm wrong.

Correct, the yaw channel value that you can modify doesn't relate to gain on the stick input.

I think Naza M will be a great system for tracking shots in course lock mode so it's worth me migrating to Naza ASAP. I have further researched and I agree Yaw gain adjustment isn't pos via assistant. I need a way of reducing the max rotational velocity. I'll look at the opportunities for an electrical mod using discrete components next. Thanks.

Since you're interested in potential mods to the stock DJI transmitter, you may be interested in the following, which includes discrete component add-ons specifically intended to allow adjustment of yaw sensitivity to stick input:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27227651&postcount=2990

Steve

Damienlovegrove said:
I think Naza M will be a great system for tracking shots in course lock mode so it's worth me migrating to Naza ASAP. I have further researched and I agree Yaw gain adjustment isn't pos via assistant. I need a way of reducing the max rotational velocity. I'll look at the opportunities for an electrical mod using discrete components next. Thanks.

deluge2 said:
Since you're interested in potential mods to the stock DJI transmitter, you may be interested in the following, which includes discrete component add-ons specifically intended to allow adjustment of yaw sensitivity to stick input:

Steve

Damienlovegrove said:

Wow that is a lot of information! Thanks for sharing.

So I guess for people like me who is purely with no knowledge (and guts) to do the MODs then I am stuck with 100% stock controls. :(

deluge2 said:

Steve

Damienlovegrove said:

Wow Steve,

Thanks for this info. It is just what I'm after, you are a star! It has saved me hours of tinkering and now for just £7.62 I've ordered the parts I need to have adjustable yaw rate function. Roll on nice smooth camera moves :)

Thank you, Damien.

All done and here is the result: http://vimeo.com/89436766 Super smooth yaw function and along with my modified gimbal tilt I can now make decent movies. This was my first flight post stock controller modifications and with a bit more practice I'll be ready to make arty movies :)

I didn't feel like messing with the stock P2 controller to get these results, so I just bought a Futaba T8FGS and now have 3 switchable rates on the controller (thanks to ianwoods profile). The lowest rate provides very smooth controls. :)

The total cost of mods was £18.30 using Ebay for my pots, resistors and control knobs. The stock controller is spot on for what I want. It gives really smooth video control, has excellent range and is dead easy to use. I'll probably migrate to a Futuba when I get a big hairy Quadcopter but for now I'm where I want to be :)

Damienlovegrove said:
The total cost of mods was £18.30 using Ebay for my pots, resistors and control knobs. The stock controller is spot on for what I want. It gives really smooth video control, has excellent range and is dead easy to use. I'll probably migrate to a Futuba when I get a big hairy Quadcopter but for now I'm where I want to be :)

I hear ya! I just figured I'd get the Futaba now. I can always use the same radio for my next quadcopter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj