redacted

Re: DJI Phantom GoodLuckBuy Gimbal Setup Installation Tutori

Great vid! Thanks for taking the time to make & post it!

Thank you, just what I was looking for. Have ordered the gimbal and intend to install it on my FC40, using factory camera (at least for now.) Didn't quite understand the mods to transmitter, are there both a lever and pot? Will review the video a couple of more times before starting the installation. I expect that I will have to add some weight to FC40 camera to make this work properly? :)

jasperthayer said:
Heya

Here's a video tutorial I made that shows detailed instructions on how to install and setup a GoodLuckBuy gimbal on the DJI Phantom with pitch control. The gimbal was only $68 + $10 shipping and it works great.

I have a 1.1.1 Phantom. Will that purchase cover everything I need for it or will there be any other items I need? (equipment wise)

Thanks for the video sir.

Thank you sir! I will give it a try :)

I have it, used the hell out of it, and have smacked into granite, the ground, and a few trees... and unless it doesn't fire up after the next overhaul I am in the middle of, it is still ticking with no readjusting to the initial out of the box settings. (fingers crossed- the last drop was HARD) I have even bent the CNC metal a little.

My only gripe is Mine came with 2 missing screws that held one arm on, and the back motor on... and I figure it was oversight- finding replacements was hassle and I still do not have an online link- I just found a couple in a mixed jar at the local hobby store that worked.

Only need the signal wire to the Naza on a v1.1.1 to X1 from the "pitch" plug on her (the supplied is too short but you could get a similar longer one and cut the middle voltage wire out)

Ok, I followed the instructions and what I get is the camera will point straight ahead and straight UP. Are there some settings in the software that I am missing?

Hi Jasper (and everyone else!), Thanks for the vid, it totally helped when I was setting up my gimbal last week.

Unfortunately, the thing never worked. I checked it out of the box, by hooking my battery up to it and I got lights and movement, so I unplugged it and went to town. When everything was connected, it didn't do anything. I get a green light down on the arm under the gopro and a little solid red light next to a rapidly-blinking green light on the board, but that's it.

GLB sent me a manual and said to hook it up to my computer. The "only" problem with that is my computer doesn't recognize the gimbal as a com port. I loaded every driver I could find (and determined that I have the CP2102 chip), and nothing. I figured it was just my nemesis, Windows 8, but I have tried 7, vista, and OSX, with no luck.

img.php
[/url][/img] This is the board I have (sorry I don't know how you normally post images on here) It doesn't look like every other pic I have seen of these gimbal boards, so I don't know if it helps or not.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has been in my situation and what might be the problem? All of my computers are Macs running Windows under Boot Camp, if that helps...

Thanks! Mike

Mike_in_Burney said:
Hi Jasper (and everyone else!), Thanks for the vid, it totally helped when I was setting up my gimbal last week.

Unfortunately, the thing never worked. I checked it out of the box, by hooking my battery up to it and I got lights and movement, so I unplugged it and went to town. When everything was connected, it didn't do anything. I get a green light down on the arm under the gopro and a little solid red light next to a rapidly-blinking green light on the board, but that's it.

GLB sent me a manual and said to hook it up to my computer. The "only" problem with that is my computer doesn't recognize the gimbal as a com port. I loaded every driver I could find (and determined that I have the CP2102 chip), and nothing. I figured it was just my nemesis, Windows 8, but I have tried 7, vista, and OSX, with no luck.

img.php
[/url][/img] This is the board I have (sorry I don't know how you normally post images on here) It doesn't look like every other pic I have seen of these gimbal boards, so I don't know if it helps or not.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has been in my situation and what might be the problem? All of my computers are Macs running Windows under Boot Camp, if that helps...

Thanks! Mike

I had a real time of it trying to get drivers installed on win7 64bit, so can imagine there will be even more issues on a mac running windows on emulator / similar. Not really sure of any solution though.

Mike_in_Burney said:

img.php

Thanks! Mike

See if this puts you back on course:

Here is a link for the specs on the board: http://www.basecamelectronics.com/simplebgc/
On that page is a link for the downloads- that is the same board I have, and chances are it is running the 2.0b version of firmware- you want to keep that version as it is very stable and the gimbal works very smooth on pitch out of the box (normally)

All instructions are there- I think maybe your board could be running v2.0 which has com port issues... I forget.

Hiway said:
Mike_in_Burney said:

img.php

Thanks! Mike

See if this puts you back on course:

Here is a link for the specs on the board: http://www.basecamelectronics.com/simplebgc/
On that page is a link for the downloads- that is the same board I have, and chances are it is running the 2.0b version of firmware- you want to keep that version as it is very stable and the gimbal works very smooth on pitch out of the box (normally)

All instructions are there- I think maybe your board could be running v2.0 which has com port issues... I forget.

Most GLB gimbals I've seen are running 2.2b2 of alexmos simplebcg

Jasper, thanks for the nice tutorial. It gave me the confidence to install my gimbal. I bought an inexpensive gimbal from Newegg, and it looked to be about the same thing as the goodluckuy gimbal. I have not enabled the pitch control yet, waiting for a lever for the controller. But the gimbal from newegg works really well so far.

has anyone encountered nose diving after installing gimbal upon lift off? ive got the 4.02 firmware and have the default paramters downloaded from dji phantom website. I tried lifting off but it would nose dive directly forward like it was to front heavy, so Id have to pull back to compensate just so its levels up when lifintg off the ground. Is there a way i can adjust the settings on the naza software? if so what would be the set up, thanks!

Load the 4.00 defaults into the 4.02 naza software, I've heard that cures / helps the issue.

Mike_in_Burney said:

img.php

Thanks! Mike

Mike, the connector at the 2 o'clock position is that pushed in all the way? and yo may want to fix the pin near there thats almost shorting to ground. I will continue to research and look at the pic and see if I find anything else out. One more question, did you change the cable out that you are using to try to connect it to the computer?

Also if you get another one, use an anti static mat and strap, grounded tip soldering iron when handling and modifying.

WeaponsHot said:
Mike_in_Burney said:

img.php

Thanks! Mike

Mike, the connector at the 2 o'clock position is that pushed in all the way? and yo may want to fix the pin near there thats almost shorting to ground. I will continue to research and look at the pic and see if I find anything else out. One more question, did you change the cable out that you are using to try to connect it to the computer?

Also if you get another one, use an anti static mat and strap, grounded tip soldering iron when handling and modifying.

One more thing to check, under the settings for boot camp are the ports enabled properly, do they work with other stuff?

Mike please take another hi rez photo of the area of the red wire.

jasperthayer said:
Heya

Here's a video tutorial I made that shows detailed instructions on how to install and setup a GoodLuckBuy gimbal on the DJI Phantom with pitch control. The gimbal was only $68 + $10 shipping and it works great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPaIFZFije8

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPaIFZFije8[/youtube]

I've got mines properly working but I need help in a few things. My toggle on my tx is currently in the middle to have it pointed level, that a with the deafault gimbal settings on naza software. Is there a way that I can have that toggle switched to one side to point level, then by switching the toggle the other way would make it point down? I didn't change any values on the naza software yet, and also I noticed that when the gimbal is maxed out , it just shakes or shudders unless i adjust back a little, is there also a remedy for this? Thanks for any help or suggestions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20