Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

red / white dots in video

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by accidentalcio, Apr 17, 2016.

1. accidentalcio

2. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Someone else here on the forum had this issue... I don't know what the resolution was. Try a search for it.

3. Ted4797

I had that happen with a bad ribbon cable. Maybe it is loose. Have u had a hard landing?

4. accidentalcio

No hard landing and I checked the cable today. After noticing this I went out in my front yard and did some photos and video and didn't have the problem. Do you think it could have been white balancing or the fact that I was flying near power lines that could have provided interference?

5. SteveAikens

The answer to both questions is yes. It could also be related to ISO, or a ham radio or other high power transmitter close-by.

However, have you recently done any updates?
    What model Phantom do you have?
    What FPV platform are you using, Apple-Android-Other?
    If you change locations and shoot video without making any other changes, do you still have to problem?

6. accidentalcio

I have recently updated to the latest firmware, but have not had problems in 5 or 6 shoots before then, in varying loifht conditions. Using the phantom 3 professional, using Apple IOS as the control device. I did change locations that evening after I noticed the problem and did not have it. This was a real estate shoot, and I was near power lines that run in front of the house. When I was a hundred feet above them no problem, but 25 feet above or below them I had this problem. It was in the photos too, but they can be retouched.

7. SteveAikens

Makes sense. IMO, you're the victim of high voltage radiation. Nothing you can do about it. Not related to any issues with the Phantom or camera. Could be a sign of a transformer leak in the area. If you know the folks that live there - have them notify the power company to have it checked out. Could prevent a transformer going up in smoke and them losing power until it's fixed.

8. accidentalcio

9. SteveAikens

Correct me if I'm wrong but that looks like the same house from a different angle.

You can not expect a different result under that same conditions in the same location.

10. accidentalcio

different house - 15 miles away; no power lines in area either.

11. accidentalcio

12. SteveAikens

Ok, no idea at this point. You said you flew somewhere else after the first problem and it went well. Is it possible you have more interference you may be missing. It's odd you have an intermittent issue.

13. SteveAikens

Also spotty. I have to think it's the area. Go ten miles away and try ti again.

14. serhan serhan

15. serhan serhan