Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Red tinge on screen when motors start

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by Malolo, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Malolo

Howzit guys!

So when I power on my p2, I get a perfectly clear screen and good color going to my black pearl. But when I start my motors, I get a red tinge on my screen. The tinge stays on during flight until the motors are shut off. I was thinking it was my vtx cables being too close to other wires so I opened up the shell, isolated the cables from the others and fired up the motors with the same results. My immersion RC vtx is located inside my phantom, but I took that out too and that didnt solve the problem. I removed my pig tail SMA extension connector and plugged my blue beam ultra directly into the VTX, still the same problem. I have never fired up the VTX without an antenna, so I dont think that could be the problem either.

I'm pretty confident in my soldering job (been soldering things off and on for a couple decades now) but thats the only thing I can think of. I used some RA flux to do the solder job, could that attribute to the red tinge I am picking up when the motors are running? Anyhow, if anyone has some thoughts, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Malolo

2. JesterR1

Just a thought, but are you sure its not just a "glare" from the red LED's on the bottom parts of the motor arms? The IMU leds....

3. Malolo

Thanks Jester but definitely not glare from the LED's!

So I am still troubleshooting the situation with no luck. Here is what I have done so far:

1. Bypass the anti-interference boad - no luck
    2. Bypass the iOSD unit - no luck
    3. Remove all solder points and reconnect with bare wires and e-tape - no luck
    4. Swap go pros cameras - no luck
    5. Swap Antennas on the VTX, and black pearl - no luck

I guess the only thing left to swap out is the IRC VTX to see if thats the root cause. If the problem still persists after swapping the VTX, then I would venture forth to guess that it has something to do with the electronics on the main board. I am running firmware version 1.08 but cant imagine that to be the problem.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!

Malolo

4. Deadmeat

Can you screw the gimbal off the airframe and screw in onto something just to see the displayed picture from a different perspective. Might tell you something. I know your limited by the ribbon cable but maybe worth a try.