Red rear LED light out

Reaction score
When my P3P battery gets low, the back left LED light does not turn red as it should. It doesn't light up at all when the battery is low. It essentially looks like a bulb is out. The right back light does work appropriately. In the beginning of a flight, all the lights work fine and blink green. Also, the back left light does light up solid red (I think when first turning the aircraft on), so clearly the red LED is not "burned out."

As a side note, this started after I traveled on a plane with my aircraft from my home to my vacation spot in Naples, Fl. I carried the aircraft on with me in a nice Koozam padded case, and it never was really bumped around during transit. Everything else works fine. I have two other Phantoms (another P3P and a P4), and I have flown this one 159 times.

It's not a big deal. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if you have any possible solutions. Thanks!

-gumby

You are possibly the first person to report this kind of issue.

These lights use LEDs and have very long life and usually don't fail. Usually bright LEDs like this have forward drop of 1.7 to 2.0 volts. The circuit behind them takes care of the necessary voltage and currents. I suspect a dry soldering somewhere in its circuit. As these LEDs produce considerable heat, dry soldering can't be ruled out. Dry soldering creates a poor contact and adds to voltage drop and led may not get enough voltage in low battery conditions.

Someone else had the same problem the other day on here, one of their LED's had stopped working.

Someone else had the same problem the other day on here, one of their LED's had stopped working.
Thank you. Was any solution found?

I dont know what the final outcome of that particular thread was but if you need a replacement part its part 102 and cost $4

Reactions: Gumby

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik