Red Mountain fly over

Reaction score
This is a video I took this morning of Red Mountain, or Mount McDowell. It is closed to hikers and climbers so it is rare to see it this close up.

I took off from the banks of the Salt River at 1320 feet above sea level and flew my P3P 2 miles to the summit 2831 feet above sea level. This was pretty close to the maximum both in terms of distance (10,000 feet) and altitude (500 meters). I originally had plans to fly closer to the ground as I moved up the mountain, but decided I didn't want to take any chances. I wanted to respect the fact this is on Indian land and any crash would not only be unrecoverable and catastrophic for my P3, but would leave a crashed drone on a place where humans (at least white modern humans) should leave no trace.

I had set my RTH to 500 meters to make sure that if it happened to lose signal behind the summit for some reason, it would clear the summit to get home. Coming back I crossed the dreaded H threshold on the battery life and the return to home wanted to kick in. I was on my way back already and descending rapidly as I got closer to home. I didn't want it to fly up to 500 meters and then come back down again.

I wish I would have had more time to fly around but the journey out and back ate up most of my battery.

Enjoy!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl