Red lights not on at night?

Reaction score
just flew the P4P for the first time. It's dark outside so I just hovered and slowly flew in a few basic patterns just to test it out. The red lights work until you hit record. I am guessing this is some sort of setting for better photography but I like the option choose wether I want them on or not. As soon as I stop recording they are back on. Any ideas?

DJI-GO-Turn-Off-LEDs-For-Photos.jpg

Reactions: Carltonart
The only other related setting is this one:

DJI-GO-Turn-Off-LEDs.png

I was confusing your first post with the second one I have actually not gone into the camera settings and tried that. I bet you that's it, thank you.

Last edited:
But why would you want front lights on while recording though? Just gonna cause some red flare at bottom corners isn't it?

I noticed this exact thing tonight. I was ready to call for a RMA until I realised it's designed that way. I think it's an awesome feature

Reactions: Neon Euc
It apparently helps reduce artifacts in low light conditions -- like when flying at night. You're footage will likely look better if you keep that setting turned off when flying during the day.

It apparently helps reduce artifacts in low light conditions -- like when flying at night. You're footage will likely look better if you keep that setting turned off when flying during the day.
I noticed this from some testing I did yesterday. I always blamed the codec for making things look weird when filming at 4k when making quick panning motions across grass or trees... I deactivated the 3d filter and it helped A LOT! I will only use it at night from now on (usually just filming traffic flows at that point anyways).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20