Red lights Night Filming.

Reaction score
Has anyone thought of a way to turn the lights off the Phantom 2 for night filming? I can see a red glow on all my night video.

I put strips of tape lengthways covering all but a little slit the length of the light cover on the outside if the legs away from the cam. As the light cover is curved it means that the light isn't directed near the cam.

I like the lens hood idea though :)

There isn't any easy way to put a switch in because the LEDs and their functioning are part of the ESC.

The p3 allows you to turn off the lights. What distracts me is the battery light glowing green. Maybe that's why DJI decided to use red for front green for back. So the green led battery is consisted with the rear lights

Do you want them off all the time?

I just had a thought. With my car, I used Plasti Dip on the corner marker lights. Because I replaced the markers with a much brighter LED version, they could light up side roads and cars next to me. I gave them two coats of black and a coat of clear. You can easily see them in the day time still, but they shine much less than they did prior.

I think I found my project for next week for my P2 since I have a few pairs of lenses sitting around. That, and you can peel Plasti Dip off if you aren't happy with it.

12118689_10103301801350491_8180303924465439848_n.jpg

You can also go by a window tint place and ask for a few scraps

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31