Red light beeping remote

Reaction score
I've had the phantom 3P for about a month and just yesterday it's had an issue if I turn on the P3 and remote, the remote begins beeping and has a red light. Sometimes it eventually turns green but most of the time I have to cycle the power a few times.

Should I rebind or something? Anyone ever see this?

I've had the phantom 3P for about a month and just yesterday it's had an issue if I turn on the P3 and remote, the remote begins beeping and has a red light. Sometimes it eventually turns green but most of the time I have to cycle the power a few times.

Should I rebind or something? Anyone ever see this?
I think a rebind is in order.. wont hurt.

I think a rebind is in order.. wont hurt.

Well after more research on this I think my brand new P3P remote is defective. From what I read the red light and beeping is related to battery failure. This is happening even when the aircraft is off and I have 4 white leds indicating nearly full charge. So yesterday I kept cycling it and finally it came on without the beeping. So I drained it down to 30%. I've only charged the remote perhaps two times.

Now it will not charge. If I plug in the charger the first white light flashes rapidly on and off. I thought this may have been heat related, but I let it sit over night, still won't charge.

Bummer

Mine did this...try moving left stick down and up, this worked for me. It seems this means the remote needs the sticks calibrating. HTH. Similar post in P3 discussion.

Mine did this...try moving left stick down and up, this worked for me. It seems this means the remote needs the sticks calibrating. HTH. Similar post in P3 discussion.

I did search for red light beeping remote and didn't find anything,hmmm. I did a recalibration in Mode RC settings and no change. I did it again, no change. I did it a third time and now it seems OK. Third times a charm? I guess I'll wait and see as it was sort of random. Thanks here's vid of the issue.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I did search for red light beeping remote and didn't find anything,hmmm. I did a recalibration in Mode RC settings and no change. I did it again, no change. I did it a third time and now it seems OK. Third times a charm? I guess I'll wait and see as it was sort of random. Thanks here's vid of the issue.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Didn't he say move the left stick up and down and not R&L if that makes any difference:)

Made that vid before that post by Barry and nope, it made no difference. I think it may have been the gimbal wheel that was reading an error. In app all values showed 0% before I began calibration.

Happened to me today after flying. Found the left stick stuck from within in the up position! Wiggled it loose, and all is well. Weird!

Happened to me today after flying. Found the left stick stuck from within in the up position! Wiggled it loose, and all is well. Weird!
Might want to give it a work out before you try to fly again-- sounds like there may be an issue inside the Controller. Might not be a bad idea to take it apart and have a look. One chap had a piece of plastic off a screw hole rolling around inside.

Might want to give it a work out before you try to fly again-- sounds like there may be an issue inside the Controller. Might not be a bad idea to take it apart and have a look. One chap had a piece of plastic off a screw hole rolling around inside.
Thanks for the suggestion; I'll do that. The stick actually felt "held" in the up position rather than "stuck" in the up position! It actually started this flashing & beeping on the way home. Reached down and over into my bag, and found I had left the RC powered on!. When I powered it up again at home, the flashing & beeping came back. This post led me to the solution. Nothing inside sounds loose when shaking the RC. Time will tell!

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll do that. The stick actually felt "held" in the up position rather than "stuck" in the up position! It actually started this flashing & beeping on the way home. Reached down and over into my bag, and found I had left the RC powered on!. When I powered it up again at home, the flashing & beeping came back. This post led me to the solution. Nothing inside sounds loose when shaking the RC. Time will tell!
If you have never had it apart, be sure you watch a Youtube video before taking it apart-- there is a ribbion cable that is very delicate that has to be unhooked.

I had the same problem but solve by RC calibrating including gimbal dial after pressing finish two beeps sound then when i turn off/on nomore beeps yehaay! God Bless!

Same symptoms. Moving the left stick did the trick for me.

Same thing happens here, red light and beeping on RC startup, moving the throttle stick up or to the side fixes it, but only until next time I turn it off and on again. If I start the DJI GO app while it's beeping it tells me that the RC needs calibration, but I've done it several times and still keeps doing it.

Any ideas?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31