Red LED always on and dead motor after crash

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here.

My phantom fc40 was drifting sideways right off the box. Did all the calibration process but nothing seemed to help. On the second take off, I was forced to land and the drone landed... inside the swimming pool (!).

Let it dry for 3 days and tried to power it on. It beeps and blinks like it is supposed to but the M1 red LED. (under the arm) stays red and the M1 engine won't start.

The PC software recognizes every input but the M1 engine won't respond to any command.

Does anyone have a clue about what should I do? Thanks in advance.

If you have not already, open up the Phantom and check the cable that plugs into the ESC on that failed motor. My first crash jostled one loose, and my second crash happened when it came all the way out, via a quick flip into the ground.

Elwood58, thank you for your reply. I did a quick look but did not notice anything wrong. Gonna give it a second look, thanks.

I think they are soldered wires from the motor to the ESC. But if your ok with soldering then try swapping the ESC for the one diagonaly opposite, and see if the fault moves over. Or use a couple of extension leads and swap the wires over that way might be easiest.
I suspect it might be the ESC, unless the screws for the motor have been replaced with longer ones and its damaged the motor.

KimBrown, thanks for your input. I'm not into soldering but can get some friend to help. Nice tip.

The out come? I'm still waiting for the replacement parts I had to pay USHOBBY to ship to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic