Red dart flies sideways

Reaction score
When reviewing my flight in flight records, the little red dart icon sometimes doesn't point in the direction of travel. Is that indicative of something? It's almost 90 degrees sideways sometimes and on other flights straight ahead.

Did you calibrate the compass properly before the flights when this happens?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Not always. Hard to imagine its that far out of whack. It flies fine. I`ll start calibrating more often and see if that helps.

The red icon points to where the drone is facing, the front of the craft. Not the direction of travel. You could be flying sideways, or be using the course lock in F-mode.

Reactions: BrandMan and N017RW
Yes, if the compass is messed up, I am pretty sure this will cause problems with your RTH.

The sticks are straight. Camera footage shows its flying straight. Could it be sidewinds? I almost always fly in gps. Occasionally I'll throw it in Atti and let it drift to measure wind aloft. Rth works fine.

I don't know, somebody posted in the past, calibrate your compass if North isn't at the top of the screen or if direction wasn't correct on playback. Something like that.

I agree with RodPad on rechecking the compass calibration. If you know for sure your facing the direction of travel, because you either have eyes balls on it or the live downlink video image is showing your going forward. But the map image is showing the bird facing 90° to the side. Than what else could it be but a compass error.

Ok I figured it out. When watching the flight review, I twirled the map sideways to fit more of the flight on the screen. If I leave the map oriented north at the top then everything is fine.

Thanks, for the update, I will have to try what your were doing so I know if this question comes up again.
Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20