Recovering from a loss of control link

Reaction score
I am preparing for my flight assessment in a few weeks and one of the requirements is to be able to recover the drone (phantom2) from a loss of control link (switching off the transmitter) NOT using a return to home function.
On the software assistant I cant seem to find a way to disable the return home function and I cant find any information on how i would recover it without the RTH function.

Any suggestions are very welcome!
Thank you

I am preparing for my flight assessment in a few weeks and one of the requirements is to be able to recover the drone (phantom2) from a loss of control link (switching off the transmitter) NOT using a return to home function.
On the software assistant I cant seem to find a way to disable the return home function and I cant find any information on how i would recover it without the RTH function.

Any suggestions are very welcome!
Thank you

I suggest you read the DJI User's Manual Turning off the transmitter is not a good option
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

Turning off the transmitter just initiates a return to home and unless you have Naza enabled and have set the S1 switch bottom position to failsafe then it's the only way, I think the question is how to recover from a flyaway situation and the answer is usually to switch to ATTI mode and fly without gps, or have Naza activated and then the S2 switch gives you home lock and course lock functions

Turning off the transmitter just initiates a return to home and unless you have Naza enabled and have set the S1 switch bottom position to failsafe then it's the only way, I think the question is how to recover from a flyaway situation and the answer is usually to switch to ATTI mode and fly without gps, or have Naza activated and then the S2 switch gives you home lock and course lock functions

Correction failsafe is function the S1 switch bottom position of both Phantom and Naza Modes and always has been.

Correction failsafe is function the S1 switch bottom position of both Phantom and Naza Modes and always has been.

Like the red,nothing like making a point is there !!

its been 18 months since i flew in phantom mode and was sure that in phantom mode S1 bottom and middle are both ATTI mode and i had to turn off the TX to initiate RTH

Like the red,nothing like making a point is there !!

its been 18 months since i flew in phantom mode and was sure that in phantom mode S1 bottom and middle are both ATTI mode and i had to turn off the TX to initiate RTH

In Phantom mode S1 switch upper position is GPS, center position no ATTI and bottom position is either Normal Fly or Failsafe the choice is up to the owner. Atti is only available in the Naza mode along with IOC for S2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31