Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Recover lost files off SD card

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by steveeds, Mar 22, 2015.

1. steveeds

I'm using it as we speak, the card could not be read and "format this card" shows everytime in windows 7, it's off a utilities CD on a camera disk of all things, its recovering a huge amount of files.

In the opening list it shows all drives I have so could be of more use

It's called "RecoveRx" if you can't find it just email me/ message me, around 4 meg.

2. Narrator

Sorry steve, yours is a bit of a garbled message. I get the idea you are talking about a utility you've found that recovers lost files off a SD card?

3. steveeds

I am :), I wasn't clear?, I hate that but used to it.

It also did find all my drives and worked as well to recover "stuff"

4. Sauck freedom

5. henri2398

As per the title - you want to recover files from SD card. In your question description you have written that you want to recover files from camera SD card – It means you want to restore lost or deleted photos or videos from the SD card. But your SD card is throwing error message “format this card”.

Well, in this case you must first take backup of files from the card before formatting the card.

If you are not able to take backup, then try below steps:

Step 1 – Connect your error throwing SD card with your PC using card reader.

Step 2 – On your PC, click START and in search bar type “cmd”. Right-click the result and select Run as administrator.

Step 3 – New command window will open. Now you have to type the following command “CHKDSK [driveletter] /r” in the command window.

For example - If your memory card display as E: Drive, then you must enter the command - “CHKDSK E: /r”. The parameter “/r” is the command for repair the issue or problems it finds.

The process will take some time to check and repair the specific disk. Wait for process to get complete.

Step 4 – Once the process completes. Proceed further and select “Yes”. CHKDSK will give the information about what it has done.

Step 5 – You can now go back to My Computer and check whether you are able to access the data stored on your memory card.

If above method fails then you can also use Photo Recovery software to recover files from SD card asking "format the card"

These steps is brought to you from: Solutions To Fix External Hard Drive Not Formatted Error