Recordings, Recordings, Recordings

Reaction score
Ok, I need to ask some sanity questions.

1. How often do you record when you fly?
2. What do you do with all the unedited recorded files?
3. What format are you recording in? MPEG-4 only or MPEG-4 + RAW?

I've just begun with this hobby and I can see that the recordings are quickly adding up and they are massive. Someone said there is a site where you can upload your recordings and they will pay for usage of the material but haven't confirmed. I just want to know what everyone else is doing with all those recordings.

Reactions: Jorovi
I save them and rename them. At the end of some time frame I combine clips from several video to make one that tells a story. Working on one that this I have clips from Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina. It will be from the mountains and woodlands of Virginia to the palm trees and beaches of South Carolina. Done over a 8 month time frame so far.
Just takes your imagination. Sometimes it's even fun.

Also, anyone know why windows 10 can't play these stupid MP4 file Size? Seriously, what's with this codec?

Not trying to offend anyone on the board but this is a flying camera. It's not a toy. I'm sure there are cheaper options for flying for fun. You should always be recording or ready to hit the shutter button.

I save them and rename them. At the end of some time frame I combine clips from several video to make one that tells a story. Working on one that this I have clips from Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina. It will be from the mountains and woodlands of Virginia to the palm trees and beaches of South Carolina. Done over a 8 month time frame so far.
Just takes your imagination. Sometimes it's even fun.
It's always fun.

So how did he manage to record sounds?

Sorry for the questions.

Is the phone or tab recording sounds?
Who recorded sound? Any sound in a video from our Phantoms (P3) is added in editing.

Ok, I need to ask some sanity questions.

1. How often do you record when you fly?
2. What do you do with all the unedited recorded files?
3. What format are you recording in? MPEG-4 only or MPEG-4 + RAW?

I've just begun with this hobby and I can see that the recordings are quickly adding up and they are massive. Someone said there is a site where you can upload your recordings and they will pay for usage of the material but haven't confirmed. I just want to know what everyone else is doing with all those recordings.

Just record everytime you fly - byte storage is cheap nowadays

Definitely record every flight...if you can remember? I've had 3 beautiful flights only to find I had forgotten to start the video camera! I added a label to my controller that says "Start Video Stupid!" and I still missed it on a flight! I'd love to have a software option that would automatically start it on lift off. LOL
I use "Sony Movie Studio platinum suite 12" for editing. I'd love to try Final Cut Pro but It only works with Mac and I don't have one. I've been using Movie studio for years, it's inexpensive and does a good job. No 4K but I only use HD anyway. Their version 13 supports 4k but I don't care for their new interface.

I starting to record......stop.....prepare the drone before....start recording. This in a context of making good planes on a professional way....
Also always record when try crazy long flights...

Software:
Starting to play with Sony Vegas 13 64.......

hidaven: Some mp4 files are written backwords with the info at the tail.Some players and editors won't read them. So I use an mp4 patcher like AOA which puts the info back. (file size , etc.)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl