Recording waypoints in DJI GO or Litchi App?

Reaction score
I was asked if it was possible to record a mission, or set of waypoints by just having the drone on (not flying) while walking, jogging around? Is it possible to do this in either the DJI GO or Litchi App? Record the path then go back and edit in the vertical height, speed etc......I use Litchi for most of my flying and don't know, never really thought about this.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolz
Never tried that while it's not flying. Might be able to walk around with drone/controller in hand and record points as you move. But I think the drone has to be active (motors running) to be able to record points. Flying around and touching drone icon on map view will record a point.

Reactions: Poolz and FASTFJR
There's no need to go to that much trouble, and risk something happening to your drone.

Jut take your tablet running Litchi. Use your phone as a mobile hotspot to provide internet service for the tablet to get Google Maps.

In waypoint mode, just tap your location -- the blue dot -- on the map every time you want to lay down a waypoint as you walk/drive/crawl/squirm/slither/whatever around.

You can leave the RC and drone at home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.