Recording video Gopro

Reaction score
On the P2V H3-3D can the GoPro video recording be started and stopped from the radio control or does one need to do it directly from the camera?

Can a iPhone be used with the P2V H3-3D, if yes is there an app for it with the same functions as the app for the Vision/Vision Plus?

Which parameters do i get on the screen with the dji iosd module?

The Phantom said:
On the P2V H3-3D can the GoPro video recording be started and stopped from the radio control or does one need to do it directly from the camera?
Directly on the cammera, start before take off. The 2.4 WiFi on cam will interfere with transmitter.

The Phantom said:
Can a iPhone be used with the P2V H3-3D, if yes is there an app for it with the same functions as the app for the Vision/Vision Plus?
No same reason as above. You would have to turn on the GoPro WiFi.
The Phantom said:
The Phantom said:
Which parameters do i get on the screen with the dji iosd module?
You can download the manual here.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/nazam-v2/en/iOSD_mini_User_Manual_v1.02_en.pdf
You would need to get a monitor/receiver and a transmitter.

What I usually do is set up the Gopro to start recording immediately at turn on with no extra buttons to push. It is the 'One Button" setting. Turn it on and forget it. Also, if you didn't know, you can capture still photos & video at the same time in certain settings.

The Phantom said:
So i guess stills can't be taken while the drone is in the air then?
Sure they can. Set the Gopro to take a photo every 5 seconds or whatever time frame you feel is suitable. If you are asking if you can snap a picture at will, no, you would need to do some mods for that to happen.

You can set the GoPro to take still photos and video by selecting the setting prior to flight. Personally, i would shoot my video upload it to an editor and take my still directly from the recorded video. This would allow you to personalize it as well. If you wanted to snap a pic from the sky at will, you would have to have the GoPro wifi on which could and more than likely confuse your GPS signal and fly away due to interference. ;)

Yes i had that thought that maybe i can take stills from the video, but i guess the quality will not be as good as a real still photo, or? Somebody wrote that one can take stills in the air with some modifications, what kind of modifications is that?

The Phantom said:
Yes i had that thought that maybe i can take stills from the video, but i guess the quality will not be as good as a real still photo, or? Somebody wrote that one can take stills in the air with some modifications, what kind of modifications is that?

Correct, stills from video will not have the same quality as the photo. The Photo/Video combo isn't all it's cracked up to be, you'll be limited on what frame rate and resolution you can use, and I believe it's only available on the black.

You can learn more here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yPgRb9e ... 9vRzs4K6bY

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20