Recording stops

Reaction score
I have a new P3 advanced and it seems like almost every time I fly I will hit record and it will last a half a minute or so then stop. Then I hit record again and more often than not it will record with no problem (but not always). My signal strength seems OK and it will happen even when the p3 is only 100 feet away. It's a real pain because I would like to record an entire flight and I keep ending up with 2 or 3 smaller recordings.

So it may be the card? What's the best card to use? (I think mine is a SD 32gb.)

By the way, long recordings may get split into two files if file reaches 4gb. Bit rate is not static so file size to recording time ratio will vary.
I suppose it could split to 3 files as I've only recorded 1080p though with 60fps

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Format won't work. It's an issue with SanDisk cards. I had the same issue. The card worked great for many months, then crapped out. SanDisk replaced it. But I bought a SanDisk ultra and have had zero issues since.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

By the way, long recordings may get split into two files if file reaches 4gb. Bit rate is not static so file size to recording time ratio will vary.
I suppose it could split to 3 files as I've only recorded 1080p though with 60fps

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

is this normal?if you fly for 22 or 23 mins should it record for that amount of time?

Yes, it will record 22 minutes but not within the same file. When the recording file reaches 4GB, it continues on another file.
With a P3 set to 1080p 60fps, it tends to split after 9 minutes but varies depending on file bitrate.

It's not a design of the DJI software or product. It is a limitation for any large file size on a fat 32 formated SD card.

Thank you for those replies.i thought there was something wrong with the settings or sd card.what size and make of sd card do you guys use if you don't mind me asking.

It's not a design of the DJI software or product. It is a limitation for any large file size on a fat 32 formated SD card.
ExFAT doesn't have the 4GB file size limitation but the firmware applies it anyway. Probably best it shouldn't be too big anyway.

I have 64GB SanDisk Ultra and Ultra Plus, two of each. One of the ultra stopped working for the P3 but seems OK in my tablet.
Other ultra works OK on my P3A.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20