Recording stopping at random

Reaction score
So I've noticed this the last couple times I've flown. I usually fly with Litchi and there is an alert when you start and stop recording. I have it set to auto record on takeoff. So I'll be flying and getting the angles and all of a sudden it goes "recording stopped"..."recording started". I noticed that when it does this, sometimes the shots are cut off like it tried to save them. When this starts, I usually land, restart everything and fly again. Since it started happening again, I figured it might be a litchi issue. So went into DJI Go to finish the shots I wanted. I was doing fine for about five minutes and then it turned off recording on me.

Any ideas why this might happen? Could it be a back SD card? It there something else I should look at?

SD card has caused some of this issues, Reformat with the app, then let us know.

Rod

I mostly use the stock card, and just erase / move from the card to the computer, but I was having some issues, formatted the card, kind of the same as yours.

Rod

If you are recording 4k video, the Microsoft card might be too slow. If the card is truly UHS1, it should be marked. Full speed 4k really needs a U3 rated card.

Try dropping your resolution and see if it helps. If so, try a faster rated microSD card...

--- sent using the PhantomPilots app on a Galaxy S2 tablet...

I could be wrong but I think there is size limit on what you could record at 1x. If it's in 2.7k it will record big chunk. I think the limit is 4gb at one time then it splits the file up. I just googled it and saw a few posts about the 4gb limit for 1 video and if it goes over it stops and starts another one. Check the size of your videos and see if that is poblem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PhantomPilots mobile app

I could be wrong but I think there is size limit on what you could record at 1x. If it's in 2.7k it will record big chunk. I think the limit is 4gb at one time then it splits the file up. I just googled it and saw a few posts about the 4gb limit for 1 video and if it goes over it stops and starts another one. Check the size of your videos and see if that is poblem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Most of the sizes were less them 100 mb, so leaning more towards wire speeds. I did notice in the DJI GO app after it stops recording its spins a little before allowing you to turn on recording again. This is probably buffering of sorts and saving the data. In Litchi it seems to stop and start quickly (with auto record on) which is why I was losing part of the footage.

Also, I have flights I've done for about 15 minutes all on one file. Granted I shoot at 2.7k right now.

I switched to the Lexar card I have for now until my Sandisk Ultra gets here with the 90mb/s write speed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31