Recording screen capture video during flight

CDG

Reaction score
I've searched and searched but to no avail.

I'd like to do a video like the ones I've seen where you see the vision app with the video.

I have an iPhone and was just wondering how they do these videos without having another camera shooting the screen.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

impossible to do unless you jailbreak your iphone. By default native non jailbroken IOS wont allow such an app to run for security reasons.

very easy to do, no jail break needed. Search for the "Reflector" app, and install. You will "mirror" your iphone to your laptop, and you can use the recording function to record the screen of the phone. I do it all the time.

Many people will say you can't do it because both the laptop and the phone must be connected to the same wifi network, but it works fine. Just connect your laptop to the phantom wifi. You can't do anything with that signal from the laptop, but it allows the phone and laptop to communicate. Will not interfere with the phantom operation in any way.

D86

Thank you Doug.....I will check it out!

Just looked at the app store and came up with zilch.

Any way you could provide a link?

gman got it. I shouldn't have called it an "app"... its a program you buy for $13. Easy download and use. It works with MAC, I don't know about Windows...

Thank you...they have a 7-day trial so I get to play with it this week.

The Reflector program is very clean and easy to use. An absolute perfect solution.
Gmannz thanks very much for posting the solution you were spot on.

T.

RecordMyScreen for jailbroken iPhone works well.

Another application for Mac and PC for mirroring and recording iPhone, iPad, iPod (see their web site for specific models) screens is "AirServer" at http://www.airserver.com

Same basic functionality as "Reflector," for recording flights, but costs $14.99 - about $5 more than "Reflector." I haven't compared features of "AirServer" and "Reflector" side-by-side.

In my case in the field I just turn on WiFi and connect my laptop to the Phantom's WiFi, then from the iPhone select AirPlay and select the laptop. The iPhone screen is displayed on the laptop and recording can begin whenever desired by pushing the record button.

I'm waiting for iRec on ios - no jailbreak required and will be free! Developer says it's finished and they're just waiting for emu4ios store to be updated and finished, which hopefully will be soon. Check the twitter feed for updates.

https://emu4ios.net

I tried an Andriod app called Recordable and it seems to work well. No root required. However, when I play back on my computer I am unable the get the video to be horizontal. How are people doing that.

UPDATE: Thanks to member z10m, I learned that the Phantom app must be running in horizontal mode before you start the screen video capture. Now it works great.

Try acethinker iphone screen recorder. It will do exactly what you need. I use it to record gameplay on my iPhone 6s, works like a charm. It uses AirPlay and has a built in recorder that captures picture and sound.

Yet another: mobizen. Any android. Free. Not sure if mac ver. I NEVER fly without it on as insurance!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Try acethinker iphone screen recorder. It will do exactly what you need. I use it to record gameplay on my iPhone 6s, works like a charm. It uses AirPlay and has a built in recorder that captures picture and sound.

You are replying to a post made 2 years ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers