recording Issue with my P3S and my samsung note 4

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots!

I am needing some help diagnosing a problem I am having with my P3S and my Samsung Note 4. when I press the record button on the screen the phone makes the ding sound and shows that it it recording. The first time I do this after connecting everything, it will record for around 2 to 3 min mark and then it shuts itself off. When trying to restart it by pressing the onscreen button it will ding record for a few seconds and stop itself. this will continue there after. I have traded drones out 3 times thinking it might be something wrong with the drone, however the constant here is my phone. Has anyone else heard of issues like this and if so was it with the samsung note 4? Is there away to make it work properly? I can not begin to tell you the issues this is causing when I am trying to get video. As a side not the sd card on the drone is empty the signals show strong and phone hasnt any other issues. could anti virus software maybe interfere with the video recording?

Please help!

Thanks

Hello fellow pilots!

I am needing some help diagnosing a problem I am having with my P3S and my Samsung Note 4. when I press the record button on the screen the phone makes the ding sound and shows that it it recording. The first time I do this after connecting everything, it will record for around 2 to 3 min mark and then it shuts itself off. When trying to restart it bym pressing the onscreen button it will ding record for a few seconds and stop itself. this will continue there after. I have traded drones out 3 times thinking it might be something wrong with the drone, however the constant here is my phone. Has anyone else heard of issues like this and if so was it with the samsung note 4? Is there awasoundsy to make it work properly? I can not begin to tell you the issues this is causing when I am trying to get video. As a side not the sd card on the drone is empty the signals show strong and phone hasnt any other issues. could anti virus software maybe interfere with the video recording?

Please help!

Thanks
Hello,, mayby go through your vid settings or vidio cach setting if u havent already,sounds like something not set right if u on 3rd drone,,full file somewhere,,,,i go turn mine on have a nosy

Hello fellow pilots!

I am needing some help diagnosing a problem I am having with my P3S and my Samsung Note 4. when I press the record button on the screen the phone makes the ding sound and shows that it it recording. The first time I do this after connecting everything, it will record for around 2 to 3 min mark and then it shuts itself off. When trying to restart it by pressing the onscreen button it will ding record for a few seconds and stop itself. this will continue there after. I have traded drones out 3 times thinking it might be something wrong with the drone, however the constant here is my phone. Has anyone else heard of issues like this and if so was it with the samsung note 4? Is there away to make it work properly? I can not begin to tell you the issues this is causing when I am trying to get video. As a side not the sd card on the drone is empty the signals show strong and phone hasnt any other issues. could anti virus software maybe interfere with the video recording?

Please help!

Thanks
Back again turn p3 on mine set on vidio mode iso set at 3200 and says shutter on 30,,,,,,mine just dings once when on ,,,same when stop,,,,,good luck online mannal dont say much either,,,,there some very clever people readin these post so hope u get helpful info:confused:

Are you using the stock SD card or putting your own card in? Sounds like a bad card to me, but if your using the one inserted from the factory then you could be onto something regarding your phone.

Is your phone getting overheated while your flying? My S6 used to do wild things like closing apps and adjusting volume by itself when it started getting hot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using PhantomPilots mobile app

First thing that comes to mind is a bad SD card or a camera issue, but since you said you exchanged the P3S three times (I assume using the stock SD card every time), then the problem must be your phone.
To start, clear the video cache and disable local caching of video files, in DJI GO.
If that doesn't work, uninstall the app completely and manually delete any "DJI" folder on your phone. Might be worth running CCleaner or other similar app that could remove some hidden leftovers, just in case. Reinstall the app, and see what happens.

Are you using the stock SD card or putting your own card in? Sounds like a bad card to me, but if your using the one inserted from the factory then you could be onto something regarding your phone.

Is your phone getting overheated while your flying? My S6 used to do wild things like closing apps and adjusting volume by itself when it started getting hot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using PhantomPilots mobile app
I tried different cards on all three models :-/ the only thing I could think is there is something with my phone causing it.

First thing that comes to mind is a bad SD card or a camera issue, but since you said you exchanged the P3S three times (I assume using the stock SD card every time), then the problem must be your phone.
To start, clear the video cache and disable local caching of video files, in DJI GO.
If that doesn't work, uninstall the app completely and manually delete any "DJI" folder on your phone. Might be worth running CCleaner or other similar app that could remove some hidden leftovers, just in case. Reinstall the app, and see what happens.
Yes I even tried changing cards and it still did it. So thus why I narrowed down to the phone. Didn't know if someone else with same model phone might have had the same issue :-/

I have a P3S and use a Note4.
No problems here.
You should experiment with different SD cards and also borrow someone else's phone or tablet just to see if the problem goes away with a different device.

I too have used a Note 4 with the P3S with no issues. Silly question, but have you tried restarting the phone?

Hey guys just an update. I finally figured out what the issue with my recording and my phone. I took all the advice I got here and and applied it. Turns out the SD card I was using (even though it appears the same) is not the same quality. apparently the problem was the drone could not write the file fast enough because of he cards quality. I replaced it with the original and I have had no issues. I just need to find the same quality in a larger size as the original. Thanks for all you help and advice!!! Now I can record all my sons football practices and help the coach out with aerial footage!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl