Recording home position problems

Reaction score
Hi guys, a complete novice here, new to your forum and new to the phantom.

It flew beautifully right out of the box. But being an old gezzer with sight issues, I found it easy to loss orientation.

I then enabled IOC- and can see it working on my PC. However, in the air, the sticks will only work conventionally.
Selection of OFF-CL-HL has no effect.

Back on the ground motors off-1 green light flashing- I attempt to record 'home position manually by toggling between CL & HL.
This does not produce the series of green confirmation lights I think I should get.

Here is the reply from my UK distributor- quote:

Sorry for the slight delay in replying .

I can confirm there is no fault , DJI have on the later firmwares for the time being disabled IOC because it is proving difficult for many fliers.
Problem with the Phantom is that it attracts totally new pilots and they click IOC modes without even understanding the characteristics of this mode .

There is a possibility this feature will be brought back in but for the time being it is disabled.

I think this is not the case. Any thoughts please.

After searching round various forums, I reckon I am scratching a bigger issue.

It would seem that folk are assuming that the home position is being recorded automatically on take off.

Well mine does not. And without a home position being recorded 'Return Home' will not function

AKA a flyaway :eek:

The Phantom has to move at least 30 ft, or 10 meters away from it's starting position, and if you have the switch set
to HL, it will automatically start flying in HL mode.

The Phantom should automatically set home position if you let it stand for at least 8 seconds prior to lifting off.

Well,. first thing you might want to do is update your firmware to v3.10 (using the updated Naza M Software v2.10)
once you do that,. make sure things are enabled,. and the first thing you'll noticed when the Phantom is all done warming up is 20x green blinks, indicating home location has been set.

as mentioned, IOC HL only works 10m away or more, or it will behave normally.
try it out.

Gizmo3000 said:
Well,. first thing you might want to do is update your firmware to v3.10 (using the updated Naza M Software v2.10)
once you do that,. make sure things are enabled,. and the first thing you'll noticed when the Phantom is all done warming up is 20x green blinks, indicating home location has been set.

as mentioned, IOC HL only works 10m away or more, or it will behave normally.
try it out.
Re updating firmware, I am seeing 2 types of reports on this, 1] Brilliant 2] Made the bird un-flyable.

I can now see the 20x green blinks while warming up. Manual seems to imply this happens on take off.

The email reply from the dealer in my OP is wrong. That said I've noticed some folk reporting the IOC enable option in the assistant is greyed out.

I'm just left with trying to get the CL & HL to actually work.

Beginning to think, looking at all the different answers to any Phantom question, that there are very few definitive answers.
Every time I power up something is different- as though the firmware is unstable.

You are going to have to plug you phantom into the computer and turn on the IOC feature. It is shipped with IOC turned off.

Discv wrote
I then enabled IOC- and can see it working on my PC. However, in the air, the sticks will only work conventionally.
Selection of OFF-CL-HL has no effect.

He did enable it in Naza Assistant. It is difficult to diagnose and fix, the problem when it changes so much. I would probably get frustrated and throw the Naza against the sidewalk. :twisted:

Once you turn on the TX and plug in the battery, keep your eye on the led and if all goes well about 30 seconds later you should see the rapid GREEN 8-10 times indicating that the home position is recorded. But if you missed that or you didn't see the rapid GREEN or you want to make sure that the home position is recorded, do it manually for both CL and HL (either while it is still on the ground or in the air). Then fly away 10 meters or more and always test these 2 functions BEFORE you wander to afar.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj