recording FPV/OSD to PC

Reaction score
Now that I have my mini iosd up and running, with the help of this forum I would like to record the video from my fpv monitor to my windows pc.

I am running a Fatshark on the phantom, 7" lilliput monitor with a go pro hero3. I want to record the osd information with the video of the flight to my pc. How is this done?
I tried search under record osd flight to pc but nothing comes up.

I bought a SD DVR. I have it mounted on top of my monitor shroud and the video signal runs in from the a/v receiver and out to the monitor, this records all the telemetry data, tho it is a lot lower resolution.

The signal being sent from the phantom is SD, so even with a high end DVR, it won't change the quality of the captured image.

Got it
So thats the only way to record the osd info is through a portable dvr player conected to the fpv monitor?
No way of veiwing and recording through my windows laptop?

If your receiver has a composite output (yellow RCA jack), most video encoders will do. For something cheap, lookup a USB frame grabber or Pinnacle Dazzle (~$25-50) to convert the analog signal to digital, or for something more along the prosumer lines, try a BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle (~$200). You can use your computer screen as the monitor. Or, if you want it on both monitor and computer, you'd have to go into a video distribution amp first unless you went with the BM Intensity which, I believe, will pass through the signal to a monitor.

Thanks
I will look into both set ups.
Im also thinking about the sd dvr recorder set up might be the easier set up then I won't need my laptop in the feild. Less to carry
Is there a portable sd dvr that uses a sd card and runs off a battery?

NICE!
Thanks Ton4

What kind of set up do you have?
composite video to my lilliput monitor, usb to my computer and the disc will alow me to veiw and record from the lap top?
Do I have that right.

Just ordered it off Amazon 8.00

Hi.
I'm new here, and I know this thread hasn't been posted on in over 2 years, but I'm wondering if this is the configuration that you have been talking about here for the purpose of recording drone video with the iOSD flight data on it from the drone"s FPV receiver/monitor, using a mini-DVR through the A/V out jack on the FPV receiver/monitor...

Here's the mini-DVR...
http://www.amazon.com/Hobbypower-Digital-Recorder-Motion-Station/dp/B00M3ZBZEA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_421_19/

... or this one with a battery...
Alibaba Manufacturer Directory - Suppliers, Manufacturers, Exporters & Importers 

And this is the FPV receiver/monitor I have, a Lilliput 329w, which does have an A/V out jack on it, as seen down a ways on this webpage...
Lilliput 329W 7

So with these items, besides the GoPro camera's own video, I'd get a version of the video that goes to the monitor that has the iOSD flight data on it, and that would be recorded on to a micro-SD card in the mini-DVR during flight, after I turn on the mini-DVR, right?

Thanks,

digi

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20