Recording flight and data.

Reaction score
Guys,

New to all this and need a question answered.

I have a Phantom 2 with Gopro on a gimbal and a mini iosd for flight data on my Lilliput screen, now.....

How can I capture the video feed and flight data to a Ipad for example because the card in the Gopro only captures the picture not the mini data.

Regards

Which Lilliput and if it's a 664W are you using the built in receiver? If so does it have the optional HDMI out? You can get a mini DVR for approx $100 and record the output.

Yes it's the 664W and iam using the receiver, didn't think of a dvr to be honest.

Thanks

What type of DVR are we talking about?

If it does not have the optional HDMI out the only way I know is to get another receiver and put that output to the DVR. I usually over research my purchases but when I bought the Lilliput I didn't know about the opt HDMI. Found out after I could have included it for the same price. I ended up getting a Immersionrc Duo 5800 receiver. I can switch between the Duo and Lilliput receiver and the 2nd ouput of the Duo goes to the DVR. I mounted the DVR on top of the Lilliput so I can use it as a back up if I loose the Lilliput feed.

Thanks guys and the above is what Im after with its own battery as well but can the HD feed from the Lilliput be feed into a Ipad and save it that way?

Just checked my Lilliput it has HDMI in not out.

Realist said:
Just checked my Lilliput it has HDMI in not out.

That's how most of them come unless you order through Lilliput. I asked Lilliput if they would add it and it was a no. I am not an Apple guy but I believe as with most tablet they only do HDMI out, no in for recording. With an app it may be possible. I have my Canon outputting through USB to my Samsung tablet making it full control monitor with touch screen. The only other option I would know is another receiver with the same frequency as your Lilliput. If you do go that route I can assist with the Lilliput output cable so you don't have 6 ft of cable hanging on your DVR.

The other option I presume would be a ground station like the DJI Innovations 2.4Ghz Bluetooth Datalink & iPad Ground Station.

Regards

you could flytrex & add the data to the video via dashware. I'm going to get some Dominator V2 goggles soon which have a built in dvr

I have the Lilliput 664w monitor and it has no HDMI output. I also haven't seen an HDMI compatible DVR so it would be of limited use. I use ImmersionRC Uno and a ReadyMadeRC DVR. If your goal is to have a ground based record of the flight, this combo is as good as any.

The only challenge is powering the ImmersionRC receiver. I ended up hardwiring the same battery adapter that fits the Lilliput. That way I can use the same batteries for both screen and vRX.

I think this is my only option.

Realist said:
The other option I presume would be a ground station like the DJI Innovations 2.4Ghz Bluetooth Datalink & iPad Ground Station.

Regards

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.