Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Recording device suggestions please

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Roadkilt, May 10, 2014.

1. Roadkilt

I have searched the various forums and googled it but with little satisfaction. I want to record my FPV feed from my video monitor (lilliput 329DW which has a Diversity 5.8 receiver built in). Simple video earphone type jack out to a small, dedicated video recorder onto SD cards preferably. This is off my v1.1 Phantom so no OSD but would let me keep a visual record of where it went down in case I lost it. I'm looking for something cigarette pack sized, with no camera, ie not a car cam or security cam. What are people using out there and recommending. Thanks!

2. xgeek

3. Roadkilt

This forum is fab. Thanks for the quick reply. I'm in Canada but I'm sure the usual suspects will carry that product or similar. It looks ideal.

4. RedRyderMedia

Is there a similar device that will basically backup an sd card without a computer interface?

I would like to backup video files shot from my Phantom while traveling and I prefer just going with my iPad and leave the laptop at home.

I currently use my iPad and iPhone using the camera connect kit, but they both have limited storage. It would be nice to have a separate backup device to protect against lost SD cards or corrupted or lost Phantom with the SD card onboard when it left for never never land.

5. mikeve

6. RedRyderMedia

Thanks Mike......a little pricey, but that's the idea. I currently use a portable drive for storing stills and video. I guess if I used one of these instead, it's not that much more $$