Recording altitude with homepoint.

Reaction score
If the P3 is on the ground agl and I have the RC 5-10 ft away but Im standing on a 100ft platform. If I tell it to log the homepoint on me, which altitude will it record? Hypothetically my alt? correct?

The home point is a coordinate. The current altitude will still be based off the take off location. That means your Phantom's current altitude will not change when you reset the home point.

The home point is a coordinate. The current altitude will still be based off the take off location. That means your Phantom's current altitude will not change when you reset the home point.
I was wondering that myself. So you can't game the altitude limits by resetting the home point :(

Resetting doesn't work. My question is at power up.
It has to register something for altitude. If I launch, and reset home point with Litchi and the new location is in a hole or on rooftop per say. How does it know once landed? Or if it still has 10 ft to go?

When you turn on your Phantom, it assumes that location is 0 ft. After that point, all future altitudes displayed in DJI GO, Litchi, etc. are based off of that location.

How does it know once landed?
It doesn't know where the ground is located. It can only tell when it stops descending. When that happens, it assumes it has landed.

When you turn on your Phantom, it assumes that location is 0 ft. After that point, all future altitudes displayed in DJI GO, Litchi, etc. are based off of that location.

It doesn't know where the ground is located. It can only tell when it stops descending. When that happens, it assumes it has landed.
Yes, that's also how it shuts off after 3 seconds in a handcatch when you pull the left stick all the way back and hold it there, while not allowing any further descent with your hand. Don't try that with an Inspire1, though!

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31