Record phone/tablet camera video?

Reaction score
It there are way to switch the camera view in DJI GO to the phone/tablet back camera, and record that video locally on the phone/tablet? I'd like to record some video of the drone itself, and mix it with the FPV video recorded on the drone. Kinda hard to manage a separate device to record this stuff while controlling the drone.

It would be really cool if I could put the drone camera in the map window, and the tablet view in the main screen background, and vice versa. I've seen this sort of presentation in many P4 help videos on YouTube, and have always assumed this was post-production composition.

are you trying to capture the pure terror on face as the drone hits tree?
The app is already sucking up the cpu cycles of phone.
There is an app to use camera feed as your screen background, but it also sucks up your batteries, and Go app is already full screen so wouldn't help.
But it does suggest that the two together would chew up the phone before the drone landed. Then you would miss that look of terror on your face still.
gopro on hat, or hung around neck, then post production.

Naaahhhh, the Shield K1 barely breaks a sweat running DJI GO, even when doing something like Active Track. It would not be a difficult load to also record video as well. That is, so long as you're not using a super cheap phone/tablet that doesn't have a hardware encoder.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl