recommended video settings to avoid transmission problems

Reaction score
Hi, been searching but cant find the thread any more..
What are the recommended video settings to avoid video transmission interruptions over long distance?

Was shooting a video today on the beach, planned on doing a long run along the beach to test the range.
Found that only after about 1km I was starting to get poor video transmission warnings.

I recall reading somewhere that reducing the video quality can help eliminate this, I shoot at 4k highest frame rate and size.

Anyone have recommended settings to get good video range and still be able to shoot at good quality?

Regards

Choose custom over automatic, see what channel is less interference and choose it.
Also, turn image quality to the minimum...(+- 4MB`s)

Also, the antenas position must be always on a vertical as reference to the ground (90º degrees) and at the same distance one of other...

Then, the place you choose to control the bird....is very important: Go for the highest possible and as much you can see with your eyes.

Easy! ;-)

More channels, doesn`t mean necessarily more distance.....
It means more chance of less interference....

I recall reading somewhere that reducing the video quality can help eliminate this, I shoot at 4k highest frame rate and size.

--The quality of the video you shoot (4k) is not related to distance the aircraft can fly or the distance of successful live video feed to your screen.

--The "distance" of the HD live video feed transmission is not related to the distance the aircraft can fly (other than FPV limitations).

--A lower quality setting for your HD live video feed (+/-4MB) will result in longer distance live video feed transmissions before live video begins to deteriorate. It won't affect the distance the aircraft can fly or your video recording quality.

Reactions: RyanK

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj