Recommended sites for Tampa?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm headed to Tampa next week, and was thinking about bringing my p4. The weather in Michigan hasn't really been conducive to flying, so I'm excited at the chance of some good flying weather.

My hotel is only 3 miles from TPA, so flying around there is not an option, plus a quick look at the B4Ufly app shows a ton of airports and heliports in the area.

I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on good flying sites in the area?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

My hotel is only 3 miles from TPA, so flying around there is not an option, plus a quick look at the B4Ufly app shows a ton of airports and heliports in the area.

I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on good flying sites in the area?

Not too many places in that area that put you far enough away from TPA. You may want to try Ybor City area. This video covers that area and a couple of others. Not the best video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for the reply.

I just looked up Ybor city on B4Ufly, and there's 9 airports/heliports within 5 miles.

I was thinking about heading to Sand Key Park, at least there's only 3 heliports around that area.

Ever been there to fly?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I was thinking about heading to Sand Key Park, at least there's only 3 heliports around that area.

Ever been there to fly?
I've never flown there but I don't think you'd have any problems other than the usual (people taking offense to drones because they can).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan