Recommended Quick Release Prop Guards System

Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone of you have a recommendation about Quick Release Prop Guards?
I'm a newbie here, still haven't played with my p3p, i'm searching for a quick release system so that it may not be too difficult to install and to remove the prop guards especially if you have a case where you will put your Bird, the DJI supplied Prop Guards are Cool But it will take time to install and remove it, I really need a solution for this.
Any experiences guys? I've heard that some P3P suddenly drop out in the air because of third party prop guards... i.e the screws are too long and hurt the motors.

Practice your first flights in an open area, like a field with no trees or any buildings around. You may find that the prop guards are an unnecessary expense. That was my findings. I only fly the Phantom 3 outdoors, so no need for them here. YMMV

RedHotPoker

Reactions: TheAwesomeGuy
Practice your first flights in an open area, like a field with no trees or any buildings around. You may find that the prop guards are an unnecessary expense. That was my findings. I only fly the Phantom 3 outdoors, so no need for them here. YMMV

RedHotPoker

Thanks, but the prop guards also can help me about orientation.. that's why i'm asking hehehe ;););)

The LED ORIENTATION Lights are what keeps me headed in the correct designation. Great for night flying.

RedHotPoker

Hey guys does anyone of you have a recommendation about Quick Release Prop Guards?
I'm a newbie here, still haven't played with my p3p, i'm searching for a quick release system so that it may not be too difficult to install and to remove the prop guards especially if you have a case where you will put your Bird, the DJI supplied Prop Guards are Cool But it will take time to install and remove it, I really need a solution for this.
Any experiences guys? I've heard that some P3P suddenly drop out in the air because of third party prop guards... i.e the screws are too long and hurt the motors.

Flew with them twice after that never put them on again. Adds drag, extra stress etc. They like to be the stars of your movies ruining all your great shots.

I agree with the sentiments mentioned. If you still feel the need, use the DJI standard prop guards. You can also add quick disconnect without having to change screws. I've tried the slide on Quick disconnect type on my FC40, but opted these below to use with P3P. They avoid changing screws or having to keep mounts on when not in use. Of course I rarely use them unless flying near people for special photo shoots or something.
Phantom Prop Guard Quick Disconnect

If you decided to use them- cut 3mm off each mounting screw--- I learned the hard way-- screws were two long that came with mine.

I agree with the sentiments mentioned. If you still feel the need, use the DJI standard prop guards. You can also add quick disconnect without having to change screws. I've tried the slide on Quick disconnect type on my FC40, but opted these below to use with P3P. They avoid changing screws or having to keep mounts on when not in use. Of course I rarely use them unless flying near people for special photo shoots or something.
Phantom Prop Guard Quick Disconnect
If you decided to use them- cut 3mm off each mounting screw--- I learned the hard way-- screws were two long that came with mine.

Thanks Guys!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.