Recommended P3S Upgrades

Reaction score
I know there are many posts thru out the forum about upgrades. But I thought it would be nice to have one spot that us newer pilots could get some advice from the more experienced pilots on upgrades or items that may be deemed necessary. For instance carbon fiber props, upgraded antennas, prop guards, gimbal guards, lens filters and others if the items are worth it and maybe which brand. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I know there are many posts thru out the forum about upgrades. But I thought it would be nice to have one spot that us newer pilots could get some advice from the more experienced pilots on upgrades or items that may be deemed necessary. For instance carbon fiber props, upgraded antennas, prop guards, gimbal guards, lens filters and others if the items are worth it and maybe which brand. Thank you

You may get better responses in the Standard / 4K forum

McNairy11, you can find a list of commonly used P3S accessories here.

I would get a gimbal saver and just enjoy it like it is.

Lens filters has it's pros and cons , carbon fiber blades I have mix fillings like if you tip over landing the carbon fiber are not going to break at all and could possibly burn out your motors.

Upgraded antennas ehh unless your going over 3 miles away what's the point.

Gimbal guard I don't have one as you could set it down on grass or a rock and cause your aircraft to tip over. Just my opinion.

I am familiar with a gimbal Gaurd but have not heard the term gimbal saver what is the difference. Thank you for your advice it seems pretty straight forward and sane.

Prop guards if your new but be careful in the wind with them. People always get removable guard s and use the mounts to help with stress cracks

I purchased the gimbal gaurd. I also purchased the the AR Gtek antenas not for distance but because of the interface I was getting and boy did it take care of it. I did fly it out 5,000 feet just to see and it was no problem before them I would not get half that far before RTH. I did buy an aftermarket prop set from Master Airscrew and that was a mistake live and learn. I do appreciate the help you get here most people are very helpful

Last edited:
Reactions: garbear
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen