Recommended Monthly Battery Discharge Techniques?

As it's every 20 discharges, rather than a time-frame, then at the end of flight 20 you can just hover close in and at a low height and push it past the battery warning threshold by keeping on giving it throttle and not letting it autoland. It will let you override like this until you get to the 8% then you should land it straight away to prevent over-discharging.

Pull_Up said:
As it's every 20 discharges, rather than a time-frame, then at the end of flight 20 you can just hover close in and at a low height and push it past the battery warning threshold by keeping on giving it throttle and not letting it autoland. It will let you override like this until you get to the 8% then you should land it straight away to prevent over-discharging.

Excellent Sir!

Thank-you. Again.

Have been wondering what constitutes a discharge. Most of the time I go down to 35% before swapping batteries but occasionally it is too windy aloft and I abandon the flight having used only, say 25% of the battery - do you think this constitutes a discharge ?

I also wonder if the battery is only lightly discharged (25% as per above), whether I would be better to continue to use this battery on the next flight or charge it up to 100‰ again ?

I realise that there are no hard and fast rules but at over £100 a pop for each battery I want to maximise their lifespan.

I keep a flight log and part of this is to note the starting and ending battery ‰age. I then cumulatively add these up, eg if I use 65% on one flight and then 55‰ on the next I count it as 1.2 cycles. I have just hooked one battery up to the assistant and it was satisfying to note that this system matches almost perfectly the number of cycles the assistant reported even after some 20 flights with this particular battery.

I was not aware that at a certain percentage the PV2 goes in to "auto land" mode! what percentage does this occur? :roll:

Funnone said:
I was not aware that at a certain percentage the PV2 goes in to "auto land" mode! what percentage does this occur? :roll:

Apparently it is a voltage measurement and/or a percentage. From the manual, page 34.

At lower than 15% the LED indicator will blink red rapidly and the DJI VISION app will sound an alarm; refer to the <DJI VISION app Low Battery Capacity Warning>. The PHANTOM 2 VISION will also begin to descend and land automatically. After it has

landed, keep the throttle stick at its lowest point or execute CSC; refer to <Starting the Motors>.

If you push the throttle stick above the mid-point, the PHANTOM 2 VISION will ascend slowly. Use the throttle,

pitch, roll and yaw sticks normally to find a more appropriate landing area if required.

There is a hidden third low battery threshold in addition to the 1st and 2nd level warnings. This uses 10.65V as

its threshold. Both this voltage threshold and the 2nd Level Low Battery Warning will trigger auto-landing.

Altitude can be maintained if necessary by pulling up on the throttle.)

I practiced Pull_Up's suggested discharge maneuver today. Worked like a champ!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31