Recommended FPV setup using a GoPro and Phantom FC40

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am sure this question has been answered a lot but I can't seem to locate or figure out a good FPV setup. I recently purchased the Phantom FC40, but I wasn't happy with the results I was getting with the camera so I bought a gopro hero 3+ and a gimbal to put on it. Everything is setup and working great but I noticed that the wifi feed from the gopro to the app on my phone sucks for FPV. I was hoping somebody could recommend a good fpv setup. I guess one of the issues too is since the Phantom FC40 uses 5.8ghz to transmit to the receiver that I would need to use a FPV setup using 2.4 ghz.

Any help or directions to other post that would help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You could either use 2.4Ghz or 1.2Ghz for FPV...

Here's a comparison of the antenna sizes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7L-ZptjkGY

I'd go for 2.4Ghz although it's a very congested band but most of the traffic is spread spectrum and not likely to affect an analogue video signal to any appreciable degree. Most likely to see random horizontal lines on the feed.
1.2Ghz if probably the best option but the antennas and quite large to fit on a Phantom quadcopter.

Also 2.4Ghz FPV is cheap!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.