Recommendations on frequencies for FPV

Reaction score
Hi there,

Maybe someone can share their knowledge and experiences with me.

I own a Phantom FC40. I dont use the FC40 camera but i have a Walkera gimbal and a gopro camera. The remote control is on 5.8ghz (same as phantom vision), so i use a boscam TS321 500mw on 2.4 ghz for fpv. I use cloverleaf antennas on the tx and rx.

The range i'm getting for my fpv is about 400-500 meters, then the image gets worse and isn't usable anymore.

My question: Does anyone have tips for my specific setup? And second question: I have read a lot of posts concerning fpv and also in the 1.2ghz frequency. Is that an option?

1.2Ghz is always an option but it's close to the GPS signal at 1.5Ghz,there could be "issues"... and the antennas are much larger.

You should be getting more that 400m range on the 2.4Ghz if you are out in the "wilds" without any wi-fi around. It all comes down to getting the best antennas you can afford.
2.4Ghz is very congested to say the least!
Preferably with diversity on the receiver using an omni cloverleaf and a direction patch or spiral antenna.

That is very strange, i can go above 1500m with a 5.8Ghz 200mw videotx, with 2.4Ghz and 500mw you should at least go above 2km...

onderwaterfoto said:
Hi there,

Maybe someone can share their knowledge and experiences with me.

I own a Phantom FC40. I dont use the FC40 camera but i have a Walkera gimbal and a gopro camera. The remote control is on 5.8ghz (same as phantom vision), so i use a boscam TS321 500mw on 2.4 ghz for fpv. I use cloverleaf antennas on the tx and rx.

The range i'm getting for my fpv is about 400-500 meters, then the image gets worse and isn't usable anymore.

What antennas are you using? The key to increasing FPV range (not that 4-500m is particularly poor) is almost always to use better antennas.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl