Recommendations for FPV goggles?

Just Plug and Play. (with HDMI Module). There are HeadPlay settings you will need to fiddle around with but its seems easy enough. I'm no techie. I use the FPV Camera App. It has more features and customizable telemetry display. I'm also Beta Testing the Pre Programable WayPinots with FPV Camera. Its worth the ten bucks... iOS 9.x

P1010192.jpg
Here is a snap shot through the lens of my homemade fpv goggles. This model uses a single 3 x glass lens.

As you can see the clarity and definition is good, certainly better than anything else that I have seen so far. Fresnel lenses will usually distort this level of detail. A newspaper is a good test for definition.

This is a P3P at 720p fed to Iphone 6 and then photographed as the user would se the image through the lens of the goggles

If you need 3D that will ruin the resolution compared to 720P resolution 2D goggles, such as the Headplay HDs. I don't believe you can get dual 720P displays for 3D, so you'll have to decide between awesome looking 720P or half the resolution with 3D. I use Headplay HD using the optional HDMI card, those goggles are stellar, I don't think you'll find anything better. However you must have the P3P. With the P3A the 720 resolution looks like crap so people say, given the slower bit rate wireless link of the Advanced model.

Thanks, that's great info. If that's the case, I guess I'll be trying the Headplay HDs if I can actually find them in stock somewhere, and get the hdmi card. I do have the P3P so that part won't be an issue. When I do have a 3d setup I suppose I'll opt for some separate goggles.

Using them with the P3P my understanding is just plug and play ?? Yes ??
Or will I need an additional app??

Plug and play as long as you have the HDMI module. There is also an option in the settings of DJI GO that you have to set so that your hdmi module is outputting properly I think.

Look into the VR Box and the FPV Camera app. I'm going to place an order for this or something similar before the weekend is over and it appears to be a total FPV solution for the P3 for around $40 ($25 for the headset and $15 for the app). If it is even halfway decent solution then it will be leagues better than the fatshark because that was plus the HDMI board are over $500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It won't work. Tried it. You need a way to make the fpv into 2 screens.the goggles work with 2 independent holes, one for each eye. Like a microscope. Let me know if you find a way.

It works bro... U gotta pay for the goggles version. Just tried it last nite gonna try on a sunny day right now if it all was worth paying for n ditching dji go

I was going to purchase the HP to use on my P3A but after reading this thread I'm not. Some people claim to have good results with the HP P3A combo, maybe they have not compared the two aircraft. Is there a better goggle to pair with the P3A?

I'm pretty happy with my Skyzones...

I was going to purchase the HP to use on my P3A but after reading this thread I'm not. Some people claim to have good results with the HP P3A combo, maybe they have not compared the two aircraft. Is there a better goggle to pair with the P3A?
The low bit rate of the P3A is what degrades the image, all goggles will be receiving the same low bit rate data through your HDMI port, so other goggles are not going to be any better. The fact the Headplay screen is so big and clear makes it possible to see telltale artifacts. They work OK with the P3A, it's just not as clear as the P3P. The value of the Headplay unit is very good, only $250 for such a nice display, assuming you have the HDMI kit installed on your controller. I prefer the large 16X9 aspect ratio with one big screen on the Headplay HD's much better than the split image of VR goggles. VR goggles often degrade resolution 30 to 40% as a result of splitting the screen into two identical images, not to mention the cropping of the 16X9 aspect ratio images that chops off the sides to fit the split screens in most VR goggles. This cropped image doesn't provide the full representation of the 16X9 view you're recording on the camera. I deem this partial image cropped view as unacceptable.

Last edited:
Thanks John, I will have the HDMI mod Monday. The goggles are next. Sounds like HP is still the best choice for me and the P3A

The HP are pretty good in a lot of respects but they won't give 3D.

The low bit rate of the P3A is what degrades the image, all goggles will be receiving the same low bit rate data through your HDMI port, so other goggles are not going to be any better. The fact the Headplay screen is so big and clear makes it possible to see telltale artifacts. They work OK with the P3A, it's just not as clear as the P3P. The value of the Headplay unit is very good, only $250 for such a nice display, assuming you have the HDMI kit installed on your controller. I prefer the large 16X9 aspect ratio with one big screen on the Headplay HD's much better than the split image of VR goggles. VR goggles often degrade resolution 30 to 40% as a result of splitting the screen into two identical images, not to mention the cropping of the 16X9 aspect ratio images that chops off the sides to fit the split screens in most VR goggles. This cropped image doesn't provide the full representation of the 16X9 view you're recording on the camera. I deem this partial image cropped view as unacceptable.

I have noticed a big difference in the video quality between the recording in my tablet and the files directly from the camera micro card. The camera recording is much better. Is there any way to improve the bit rate on the P3A?

Has anyone used the Samsung gear vr.. would like to know if it will work.

I thought I might consider goggles for my P3P but visited my hobby shop and came home completely confused.

I was looking as the Fat Shark Dominator HD or V3 goggles or the Head Play goggles. They told me it is not that easy to put goggles on the Phantom as it was not designed for goggles. As such the video feed is designed for phone or tablets and further need the tablets in order to function as many of the commands remain on the tablet/phone even with goggles thus both would be required. They further talked about the different video feed frequencies telling me they are not compatible.

Do I really not understand what is going on here? I thought I could just go in and buy my goggles, come home and plug them into the newly acquired HDMI port and away I go. Can someone please straighten me out,

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20