Recommendations for FPV goggles?

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm looking for your experienced suggestions for FPV goggles. I have a few requirements I'm looking for in these goggles.

1. Compatible with the hdmi board for P3
2. 720p resolution to match the video streamed from the p3
3. compatible with 3d fpv. (looking to build a separate fpv quad that has a 3d camera board and use the same goggles)

Any ideas on what goggles will meet all these specs would be greatly appreciated!

Look into the VR Box and the FPV Camera app. I'm going to place an order for this or something similar before the weekend is over and it appears to be a total FPV solution for the P3 for around $40 ($25 for the headset and $15 for the app). If it is even halfway decent solution then it will be leagues better than the fatshark because that was plus the HDMI board are over $500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look into the VR Box and the FPV Camera app. I'm going to place an order for this or something similar before the weekend is over and it appears to be a total FPV solution for the P3 for around $40 ($25 for the headset and $15 for the app). If it is even halfway decent solution then it will be leagues better than the fatshark because that was plus the HDMI board are over $500.

I already tried vrbox and zeiss one with cloud light and fpv camera. Resolution is poor because the screen is split, so effectively same picture twice each with less Than half the screen. It nearly works but the final resolution is so poor you may as well use lo res screen.

Fresnel lenses on other systems also distort the image so badly that again effective resolution is lost

The best solution that I have found is to modify or build your own set up . Use the iPhone for great resolution but use optical lenses (reading glasses) to reduce focal distance . This by far the best result to date and gives full HD resolution

Hope this is useful

Hey everyone, I'm looking for your experienced suggestions for FPV goggles. I have a few requirements I'm looking for in these goggles.

1. Compatible with the hdmi board for P3
2. 720p resolution to match the video streamed from the p3
3. compatible with 3d fpv. (looking to build a separate fpv quad that has a 3d camera board and use the same goggles)

Any ideas on what goggles will meet all these specs would be greatly appreciated!
If you need 3D that will ruin the resolution compared to 720P resolution 2D goggles, such as the Headplay HDs. I don't believe you can get dual 720P displays for 3D, so you'll have to decide between awesome looking 720P or half the resolution with 3D. I use Headplay HD using the optional HDMI card, those goggles are stellar, I don't think you'll find anything better. However you must have the P3P. With the P3A the 720 resolution looks like crap so people say, given the slower bit rate wireless link of the Advanced model.

Reactions: gravity
I have the v3s which are good and they have 3d mode. I use them for both my mini and P3.

I already tried vrbox and zeiss one with cloud light and fpv camera. Resolution is poor because the screen is split, so effectively same picture twice each with less Than half the screen. It nearly works but the final resolution is so poor you may as well use lo res screen.

Fresnel lenses on other systems also distort the image so badly that again effective resolution is lost

The best solution that I have found is to modify or build your own set up . Use the iPhone for great resolution but use optical lenses (reading glasses) to reduce focal distance . This by far the best result to date and gives full HD resolution

Hope this is useful

Can you give me an idea of what you built? Honestly my main goal would be to have an immersive experience. Cost is also very important because if I used these it all it would in the privacy of my own backyard. No way I'm going out in public with those big headplay things on. So I don't want to pay a $500 for something I only use occasionally.

Also what did can you give me your comparison of which is better between VR box and Zeiss VR one? I assume you have iPhone 6 4.7 (like me) and Based on the low cost I would buy VR box in a second unless Zeiss is leagues ahead of it. I'm worried about seeing the edge of the phone too much and feeling less like VR goggles and more like a phone on my nose.

Lastly, I had only heard of VR camera. What is cloud light and how does it compare for VR?

Thanks!

Agree, Headplay's work great on the p3p. I've even noticed that when i get drops in video on my tablet, I don't notice the drop on the headplay's. Peolpe have told me the video on tablet dropped while they were watching it, but i never noticed while wearing the headplay's at the same time.

My head plays never dropped video connection yet . Unless I ran the battery out. But I have lost connection to the tablet during the crap firmware period that dji went through headplay stayed strong.

Im curious about the vrbox.. Is it worth paying for the fpv camera app anyway?.. I just want something for sunny flights

I tried the VR Box and it was ho hum. I have the Headplay (P3P) and they work really great. 7" screen and 1280x720. Clear 72" Field of Vision picture. Sure they look a bit goofy but wow what a view. The first time I used them I fell over LOL. Now I sit or lean against something.

The FPV Camera App works with HeadPlay and with an in App Purchase you can download the FPV Goggles for Split Screen viewing.

I tried the VR Box and it was ho hum. I have the Headplay (P3P) and they work really great. 7" screen and 1280x720. Clear 72" Field of Vision picture. Sure they look a bit goofy but wow what a view. The first time I used them I fell over LOL. Now I sit or lean against something.

The FPV Camera App works with HeadPlay and with an in App Purchase you can download the FPV Goggles for Split Screen viewing.

Using them with the P3P my understanding is just plug and play ?? Yes ??
Or will I need an additional app??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj