Recommendation for two accessories

Reaction score
I would love recommendations for a good Gimbal Lock and Filters. I looked on Amazon and there are mixed reviews for everything. I HATE the gimbal lock that came with the standard and would like to get one of the replacement aftermarket ones. I can just order one and try since they are not expensive, but figured I would ask.

For filters, I'd love to not break the bank but want quality so will pay more if necessary. Most of the reviews on Amazon was not that favorable. A lot of that had to do with fitment and weight. LOTS that said the weight causes the camera to droop downward. What do you guys use and recommend?

I can help with part of your question.

This gimbal lock fits and works perfectly: Amazon.com : Neewer® for DJI Phantom 3 Standard, Professional, and Advanced, 2-Pack Protective Camera Lens Caps Protector Covers, Made of Premium ABS Plastic--Black : Camera & Photo

This one would NOT fit, so I gave it to a guy at work who owns a P3P: Amazon.com: Behorse Remote Control Lanyard + Lens Cap Bundle for DJI Phantom 3 / Phantom 4: Toys & Games

Just make sure it specifically says standard and not just Phantom 3.

I HATE the gimbal lock that came with the standard and would like to get one of the replacement aftermarket ones.
It would actually be a great lock if it was as easy to slide on/off as the P3A/P3P lock. I'm not sure why the P3S lock doesn't fit as well out of the box. If you lightly sand the inside of the gimbal lock (the area that slides along the camera), it'll be easier to use.

A lot of that had to do with fitment and weight. LOTS that said the weight causes the camera to droop downward. What do you guys use and recommend?
Check out my list here.

I can help with part of your question.

This gimbal lock fits and works perfectly: Amazon.com : Neewer[emoji768] for DJI Phantom 3 Standard, Professional, and Advanced, 2-Pack Protective Camera Lens Caps Protector Covers, Made of Premium ABS Plastic--Black : Camera & Photo

This one would NOT fit, so I gave it to a guy at work who owns a P3P: Amazon.com: Behorse Remote Control Lanyard + Lens Cap Bundle for DJI Phantom 3 / Phantom 4: Toys & Games

Just make sure it specifically says standard and not just Phantom 3.
I recently got this due to the same issue as the OP. The one that comes with it just isn't practical for using on a regular basis.

I love the one mentioned here.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

This one would NOT fit, so I gave it to a guy at work who owns a P3P:

Happened to me also. Always double check the description and photos. If it doesn't explicitly say P3S then best to avoid. The P3P version has a plastic nub in the part that slides into the gimbal plate. This is meant to slide into the heatsink groove in the P3A/P, which doesn't exist on the P3S.

Are the threads on the S the same as on the A/P? If so, look at the 4 filter set by Taco. Good quality and range of values, the same weight as the original UV filter and they come in a nicely padded and fitted hard case.

Are the threads on the S the same as on the A/P? If so, look at the 4 filter set by Taco. Good quality and range of values, the same weight as the original UV filter and they come in a nicely padded and fitted hard case.
The PS3 doesn't have threads and requires a push-on type filter.

I've been very happy with these: Amazon.com: 3 Piece Filter Kit (PL-ND4-ND8) for DJI Phantom 3 4K, DJI Phantom 3 Standard, DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, DJI Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4 Quad-copters: Camera & Photo

Last edited:
My P3S handles them just fine. You may or may not need to do a gimbal calibration once it's on, but apart from that it's fine.

I use the Neweer filters with the push on adaptor ... camera is fine with it - no recalibration at all.

Nigel

I use the Neweer filters with the push on adaptor ... camera is fine with it - no recalibration at all.

Nigel
I agree with Nigel I've had no problems at all. Given I will only put maximum of 2 on at a time.

That gimbal lock looks good, wonder if it would work whilst these are installed?

Also these are what I have and seem to be good for the money, camera and gimbal is fine with them in terms of weight also.

Darren

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik